The Unexpected (Kim's story)

Start from the beginning

With a sigh Derek let his head fall back with a sigh. “Fine.”

“YES!”

“But I am not giving you William’s number, you’re going to have to get that yourself. He’s going out drinking tomorrow evening together with me, you can tag along.” Kim nodded excitedly. “Don’t worry, soon you’ll be an uncle!”

Derek groaned, but a smile was playing on his lips. “I’m so going to regret this, aren’t I?” Kim gave a thumbs-up to reassure him.

~

The light reflected brightly off the azure blue dress. It was knee length, made of silk, and absolutely gorgeous! Turning around again in front of the mirror, Kim nodded at her mirror-self confidently. This was it. Today she was going to seduce William.

“I am a femme-fatale!” she yelled and raised her fist. Kim wasn’t exactly sure what that meant, but it sounded awesome. And since this was going to be the most awesome night ever, it seemed fitting. She could already see the future unfurl...

“Do you, Kim Valdruiques, take this man to be your lawful wedded husband?” the unicorn asked, its classes slightly askew. “I do,” Kim said, tears flowing from her eyes that became diamonds when they hit the ground. The unicorn reared in joy, then asked William, “Do you, William the handsome, take this beautiful and magnificent woman to be your lawful wedded wife?”

“I do and,” William turned and grabbed Kim, pulling her close to his face, “I also promise to rock her bed every day and to buy her a horse.” Kim squealed and threw the bouquet - which resulted in a death match between two fairies.

William lifted Kim and carried her bridal-style all the way to their bedroom. His arms bulging under the jacket, he laid her out on the be-

A knocking got Kim out of her fantasy, and she quickly wiped away the drool, before hurrying over to open the door.

“Hey Kim, you look good.” Derek said with a cheerful grin, behind him was Leo. Looking unusually annoyed.

“What’s with the shadow?” Kim whisper-yelled to Derek, making sure Leo would be able to hear her. Derek glanced back at Leo, who immediately hid the expression. “Leo, can’t join us tonight because of some work, and apparently I’m not competent enough to take care of myself,” Derek said with narrowed eyes.

“I never said that,” Leo calmly defended. I think I just stepped on a landmine. Retreat! Retreat! Retreat! “Sooo, Derek, are you ready to party!” Kim yelled and jumped up and down. “Of course,” he said and smiled, obviously excited as well.

“You’re not going alone.” Kim turned to glare at her brother. “We are not bringing a bunch of men with us.” Leo’s heavy gaze settled on her, and he stared at her, willing her to do as he say. Well, nuh-uh, not with this gal. Kim stared back just a fiercely. “You are not going alone,” Leo repeated.

“Oh yeah, well how are you going to stop us?”

Derek, having sensed the on-coming storm, stepped between them. “Let’s compromise, we’ll take one person with us, no more no less.”

“No,” Kim and Leo said at the same time, not breaking eye-contact.

“William is waiting.” Kim glared at Derek, that was a low blow. “Fine! We’ll bring one of your stupid men, Leo,” she finally gave in. Leo took out his phone and typed something. “Paul will meet you at the entrance.” Kim kept the scowl on her face until the elevator doors closed in front of her and Derek. “My brother sucks,” she said and huffed.