16

third person.

"i can't believe you came" ellie said shocked.

"well you asked me to come so i showed" corbyn shrugged.

"yeah but i would just think your girlfriend wouldn't want you to be here" ellie said.

"she doesn't control my every move you know" corbyn shook his head.

the two were currently at the studio by themselves. ellie had called corbyn to come help her with some parts of the song and he agreed and met her there.

he didn't tell the rest of the guys about it nor arianna because he didn't see it as a big deal so he decided to tell them about it later if anything.

"yeah i know but, she seems to have a lot of say in what you can and can't do" ellie input.

"don't we have a song to be focusing on?" corbyn changed the topic not liking the direction it was going in.

"yes but we can talk as well right?" ellie tilted her head.

corbyn slowly nodded, "yeah we can let's just watch the subjects we press on"

"okay cool, how long can you be here until?" ellie asked. "i just need to see how much we'd probably be able to get done"

"um i do have to meet ari in a few hours, so i can be here until about six o'clock" the boy told her looking at his phone quickly.

ellie nodded, "okay yeah that's enough time"

"cool, let's get started then" corbyn clasped his hands together.

——

"so you and arianna have a date tonight?" ellie spoke up after they had both been sitting in silence working for about an hour.

"no she has her drivers test in a couple of weeks and she's a nervous test taker so she wants to get in a bunch of practice" corbyn explained.

"and she doesn't have anyone else that she can do this with?"

"well yeah she has a lot of people, but i was teaching her how to drive and i'm her boyfriend so she wants me to do it"

"i guess that makes sense to some extent" ellie nodded turning back to her work.

corbyn sighed, "what now?"

"what do you mean?"

"come on el spit it out what are you thinking?" corbyn pressed turning to her.

"it's just- i feel like you give her everything and she doesn't give that much back to you" ellie stated.

"what? yes she does"

"really? you're teaching her to drive, you're always going back to her place, you're always taking time out of rehearsal to text her back, you're always making sure she's okay with something before you do it" ellie iterated. "now i might be wrong since i'm on the outside but this is just what i see"

"she's just got a lot on her plate, she's still an amazing girlfriend" corbyn added.

"i'm sure she is, i'm just saying the compatibility between you two is small" ellie shrugged. "oh and you should probably start heading out it's almost time for you to go"

he looked at his phone, read the time '5:55' and thought for a moment. corbyn then flipped it over and turned back to the blonde.

"it's okay i don't have to meet her until seven so i'll leave later" corbyn shrugged making the girl smile.

"okay perfect" ellie nodded looking down back at the work they have.

into about an hour of working they both had fallen asleep at the studio until corbyn's phone eventually jolted him awake when going off.

still half asleep he answered it. "hello?"

"where the fuck have you been? i've been calling for hours, i went to your place and you weren't home, jonah didn't know where you were neither did jordan or eben, ashley's out with her friends so she obviously didn't know-"

"woah woah slow down" corbyn interrupted his girlfriend as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"no corbyn i cant just slow down, you were supposed to meet me two hours ago and when i called and you didn't pick up i freaked out because usually you'd tell me if something changed where you couldn't make it" arianna breathed out.

"ari i'm sorry, i got caught up at the studio" the boy said wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"what? y'all had a session today? since when?" arianna asked.

"no it was an impromptu writing session that ellie asked me to join her on so i said yes" corbyn explained.

"so you ditched me to spend time alone with ellie?" arianna further questioned.

"no no, that was not my intention at all. i was going to come here to write with her and then go drive around with you but we accidentally fell asleep" corbyn told her.

silence fell upon the two which made the boy nervous fairly quickly. he tried racking his brain for things to say next in caution of her response to his explanation.

"okay"

the response given made corbyn freeze. he thought he was going insane since her reply was so calm.

"what did you say?" corbyn furrowed his eyebrows sitting up straighter in his chair.

"i said okay" arianna reiterated.

"no i'm sorry something's wrong with my ears because it sounds like you're saying okay"

"that's because i am corbs"

"i just told you i fell asleep with ellie in the studio instead of being there with you, without letting you know what was going on and all you have to say to that is okay?" corbyn stated.

"yes corbyn, i'll talk to you tomorrow, have fun at the studio" arianna said before hanging up immediately.

the boy sat there confused but a chilling breeze fell down his spine making him shiver. "oh no it's not okay at all" the boy then quickly called her back.

"yes corbyn?"

"are you sure it's okay?"

"no of course it's not okay!" arianna yelled. "you literally ditched me corbyn!"

"i didn't mean to ditch you it all just happened" corbyn said. "you've got to understand we have a song to finish"

"i do understand that, but you two had a whole rehearsal without the four other boys who are apart of this song and didn't tell anyone"

"well this is why i didn't tell you- you obviously don't understand" corbyn huffed.

"excuse me?"

"you know ari you've become very detached from us and then expect me to be able to tell you everything" corbyn continued.

after that it was quiet and then the line went dead. arianna had hung up on him not wanting to talk to him anymore causing him to scoff.

"i miss the way you looked at me before i left new york" corbyn mumbled throwing his phone to the side.

{CHRISTI COMMENTS}

so that happened...took me two weeks to write this chapter bc i didn't like the fighting
bye loves <3