The Gourmets 07

Peter starts driving and within the first 100 meters has already begun to recite his life story. He is just delving into the part about the burning passion residing in his soul, when Gina interrupts him. Residing? Of course! She needs a hotel, preferably one with a kitchen!
Peter hates to be interrupted, but after examining the good-looking Gina in the rear-view mirror for a moment, he recommends the TUSCAN ESTATE. Sounds good, Gina thinks to herself, really "old world". Wonderful!

Peter continues his monologue. Gina watches the rain-drenched countryside slip past her window.

At last, Peter stops the car in front of a turn-of-the-century building near the main train station. The house has obviously lost its grandeur long ago. Gina thinks it romantic and appropriate for her current mood, entirely ignoring the run-down, dirty surroundings. Peter accompanies a subdued Gina to the reception area and even helps to drag her heavy baggage to her room. She immediately begins to unpack.

Pots, pans, cookbooks, spices and knives appear. Peter picks up one of the knives and reads the engraved label.

PETER
Ahh... Zwilling. Made in Germany. Pretty hard to find! Especially here in Munich!

He grins at Gina outrageously. She grins back good-naturedly.

Gina pushes her shopping cart into the fish department in the food section of a large department store. She grills the exasperated salesgirl for precise information on where the different fish come from and when they were caught, and insists on smelling and feeling each one separately. The customers in line behind her begin to grumble, Thomas amongst them. Gina now wants to try the salads and the smoked salmon. Thomas' face turns into an irritated grimace.

Thomas is now in the check-out line. The cashier is having an argument with a female customer. It turns out to be Gina. She has neglected to weigh her many fruit and vegetables, which means that there are no price tags. Gina tries to explain to the cashier that this is done at the check-out counter in the States.

The cashier suggests pointedly to Gina, that perhaps she should do her shopping there, instead of holding up the entire line.