Making Enemies and Breaking Promises

"Lizzie, thank god

"Lizzie, thank god. What was going on down there" Damon rushes towards me the second I emerge from the Lockwood crypt, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I don't replicate the gesture, pulling out of his grip.

"What's wrong" he frowns, looking behind me. "Where's Bonnie? Is Katherine, you know" he snaps his head to the side.

"They're both fine" I rush, reviewing the crowd, "I expected you would have brought the whole gang" I laugh, waving to Elijah and Stefan.

"Are you feeling okay?" He comments, feeling my forehead like I'm a toddler.

"I'm fine" I huff, brushing his hand away. "Listen, I need you to do me a tiny favour. Keep Klaus away from me, I'll be too busy to deal with him the next few days".

"Damon, I think it's time you back off" Stefan suggests, eyeing me with caution.

"Why ever would he need to do that?" I pout, batting my lashes at him, "I don't think I'm asking all that much boys".

"Elizabeth" Elijah calls, "did you?"

"Turn it off? flip the switch? Let go of humanity?" Katherine mocks, coming up beside me. "Yeah that's on me".

"Katherine" Damon seethes, rushing towards her, fangs extended. With a gust of wind I send him flying back into the nearest tree, his body tumbling to the ground. I don't wait for him to get up before I vocalize my warning. "Leave her alone and leave me alone unless you want to be useful. While I haven't forgot about her less than favourable actions towards me, no one is to touch her until this war is over and I come out on top" I pause, waiting for any objections, satisfied when the boys keep quiet. "Any actions to the contrary will be seen as acts of betrayal, and you'll be added to the growing list on the other side of this war".

"Liz" Elijah reasons, "you said you didn't want a war; that you didn't want any unnecessary bloodshed".

"Yes" I sigh, "that was what my heart wanted. But without that in the way, my logic trumps all. There is no avoiding a fight. I could maybe go a few years without running into any trouble If I lay low, but there is no definite stop to this until I show them what they need to fear".

"Elizabeth we need to go" Katherine whispers, "we have plenty to do to prepare".

"You heard her" I shrug, turning to leave. "Don't follow me if you value your lives".

"What's our first move?" She questions, a smirk permanently plastered on her face.

"Find the witches who threatened me last".

***

We pull up to a small farmhouse, all the lights on the main floor are on. It's four in the morning and yet the house is buzzing with movement. Katherine and I move as planned,
Her rushing around back while I make my entrance, a dramatic one at that.

Walking straight up to the door, pushing it open with a flick of my wrist. The three of them are crowded in the kitchen along with an unknown fourth member.

Werewolf, I sense. That didn't take them long to go back on their word. 4 heartbeats.

"Elizabeth" the tall blond shouts, setting down her coffee. I send the woman with the curly hair straight through a window the second she raises her palm. 3 heartbeats.

"Whoever moves is the next to die" I threaten, "this will be your last warning. If you want your war, you can have it".

She clenches her jaw, anger more apparent than fear, unlike her companions who look anywhere but at me. "I thought you didn't want to hurt anyone? That you weren't dangerous. Isn't that what you said only a few hours ago? When I agreed to give you a chance".

"I don't want your fake chances, nor do I need lectures". I seethe, watching from the corner of my eye as Katherine sneaks in, moving up behind the smaller blonde and snapping her neck in one swift movement.

The woman cries out for her fallen friend, raising a hand towards me. I send her into the cupboards behind her, pinning her arms with a force of wind. "Tell your friends wolf boy" Katherine mocks, "let them decide what side they really want to be on".

"How typical" she spits, "and predictable that you would turn off your emotions. Just know that your friends won't be able to save you when you turn them back on. You've made a very bad enemy tonight".

"Oh please" I scoff, "I was your enemy the second I was born. Let's go Katherine, let them mourn for their dead". I pause looking back at the woman, "even without humanity I'm more compassionate than you people ever were. At least I let you be there when they died".