Chapter 21

Monse went home and Danz fell asleep on the couch but little did she know something important was coming.
Danz P.O.V
I woke up to the sun shining in my face. i got up, grabbed some clothes and my towel and headed towards the bathroom. As i'm coming up to the door i see it open. I pick my head up and see Cesar.
D: Good morning
He looked at me and walked away.
I got in the shower and let the hot water hit me.
Why didn't he say anything?
He could've at least said it back.
Why did he make it awkward.
i brushed it off and continued with my routine. Considering i work after school today i packed my work shirt in my bag. i headed out the door and Oscar calls me back.
O: Nena
D: What's Up
O:You got mail
he handed me an open envelope.
O:it had my name on it but it was for you
D: thank you
I walked out the door, on my way to school. I was inspecting the outside of the envelope. It had my fathers name on it and the address of an adult rehabilitation center. I wanted to read the letter inside but i had a feeling in my gut that told me to wait. I could hear Ruby and Jamal calling my name. I quickly stuffed the letter in my bag. Zipping it up as fast as i can
i turned around and greeted them
D: Hey guys
R:Hey where's Cesar
Jamal gives me a hug
D:Home
J: We were wondering bc he hasn't texted us, or Monse oddly enough
D: I was hanging out with Monse
J&R: Really ?
D:Yeah it was fun
We headed to school and i got to my first class.
Oddly, Olivia walks in and sits next me.
Olivia:Listen Danz, idk if you know bu-
D: I know
Olivia: i didnt mea-
D:don't worry about it
Olivia: are we co-
D:Yeah
Olivia: Ummm okay. I'll see you around then
D:Yeah
I have a bad feeling about Olivia but if she thinks i'm going to fight her over a guy. She has the wrong idea
Cesars P.O.V
I skipped the first class and Oscar came into my room banging on the door
O:Go to school. Now.
C:okay
I looked up and was greeted by the sun
I don't want to get out of bed. I'm tripping over a girl that i wasn't even dating. I need to get her out my head. I need to focus on me. I got ready and headed towards school. On my way i check my phone. I have calls and messages from Ruby and Jamal. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now. I just want to be alone. In my own space.

The closer i get to school k see a familiar face up head. The closer i got i realized it's Jazmin.
JM= Jazmine
JM: Yooo whats up Cesar
C:Nothing
i didn't really want to talk to Jazmin
or anyone honestly
JM: Why are you not in school
C: What are YOU not in school.
JM: I'm about to meet up with some friends want to come
i stood there for a few second debating whether i should go to school or hang out with Jazmin in her friends. I really don't want to go to school. But i also don't want to hang out with Jazmin
A black car pulls, music blasting, and tinted windows. The windows roll down a girl appears to be in the driver seat.
girl: So we going to the mall or what ?
JM: yeah
Jazmine turns to me and asks
JM: are you coming?
C: Yeah I am
I get in the back seat of the car and off to the mall we go
*Lunch Time*
Danz P.O.V
D:Has any one seen Cesar?
R:Nope
J:I tried calling him
M:Nothing
D:He works after school, hopefully he didn't forget
Lunch ends and i call Cesar and obviously he didn't answer. I let the guys now to text him and let him know he works. I understand that he may feel some type of way but that's no excuse to just not show up at work.
*After School*
I took the bus to work and checked my phone. Still no reply from Cesar. I called him like 10 times and still no answer. At this point i just hope he's at the store and not skipping out on work.
*15 mins later*
I'm walking up to work and i'm still calling Cesar and there's still no answer. I don't want to ask Oscar bc i don't want to get him in any type of trouble.
As i walked up to the store, there's a line of people waiting outside. I quickly get inside change my shirt and get to work. There's no Cesar in sight. The rush ends and we're cleaning and preparing. My manager asks where's Cesar and i just say i don't know. Because i truly don't know. I don't want to make up some lie and it backfiring into me. I continues to work.
*45 minutes later*
The front door busts open and Cesar walks in. Smelling like weed and eyes all the way red. One of the cashiers hand him a small bottles and walk with him to the back. I have nothing to say. Could've really used his help tho. We all go back to work. Around the end of my shift a guy walks in. Dirty blonde wavy hair, beanie, and a skateboard. How may i help you? i said . I take down his order and send it to the back. Anything else ? i said. Your number maybe? he replies. I don't know you. i said. And we can get to know each other. he said. I wrote my number down on the back of his reciept and handed him his food. Have a nice day. i said. You too. he said and walks out of the store. Shortly after, i get a text.

"I'm Brian"
I replied back
"Hey, i'm danz"
Cesar P.O.V
After the mall we went to Jazmins friends house. I got up to the gurl and ask for her name.
"Mary"
I'm Cesar" i said
We spent the afternoon talking and smoking getting to know each other. My phone died and i completely lost track of time. Until realized the sun was setting. I was supposed to be at work 2 hours ago. I instantly shot up and said "I have to go to work" "I'll take you" Mary said.
"I have to go to my house first" We drove to my house and ran inside to get my shirt. Ran back out and straight to the store we headed. I busy through the door and everyone is looking at me . One of the cashiers hands me a small bottle, "eye drops" he walked with me to the back. "I'm Diego, i'm new here" he said. "Cesar" i said back. "You smell and look...yk" he said. He handed me some cologne as i put the drops in my eyes. I get to the front and get to work. I looked at Danz but she seemed like she had nothing to say to me. I just got to work and hope my manager isn't too mad.
As i'm cleaning the back booths this guy walks in. He looks like a bum. He orders his food like a regular person but i realized he's saying something to Danz. Before he left i saw Danz write something on the back of the recipe. She probably gave him her number. I try to brush it off and focus on work.
As soon as Danz and I shift is over, Oscar is already outside we got our stuff and headed towards the car. We both placed our hand on the front passenger seat. "Move" we both said. "No you" i said you. " YOU, you got here over 2 hours late i deserve to sit in the front" she said. "What the fuck was you doing that you came to work over 2 hours late" Oscar said. I looked at Danz angrily and got in the back seat. "Me and you gon have a talk when we get to the house" Oscar said. At this point i don't even care what he has to say. I've been having the worst days of my life.

A/N: i hope y'all like this one