The Chase

“Ian! [Y/n]! Look.” Barley called, making the teens turn to him.

“It's a raven.” Barley said pointing to the Raven statue that was on top of the gateway, at the cliff.

“The clue on the menu said Raven's Point.”

“Yeah. In the mountains.” Ian said, turning to look at the mountains that were just behind them.

“Hmm……But maybe the puzzle didn't mean the mountain.” [Y/n] said, her brows furrowed in thought.

“Maybe it means……”

“……follow where the raven is pointing. Exactly what I was thinking [Y/n].” Barley finished.

Then he came to stand under the raven, following the direction of where the raven's beak was pointing.

Then he saw another raven.

“It's another raven. That one could be pointing to another raven, all the way to the gem.” Barley said.

Ian gasped.

“I... I had us going the wrong way.”

“Well, I told you. My gut knows where to go. Don't you, boy? Yes, you do.”

Barley said, praising his stomach, making [Y/n] clear her throat, raising her eyebrow at him.

“Oh! Oh yes, and of course [Y/n]'s smart intuition of course.” Barley said, making [Y/n] roll her eyes, shaking her head at him.

“Come on, Dad. Guinevere will get us to that raven in no time.” Barley said, grabbing his Dad.

But then suddenly, a police car drove across the bridge, stopping in front of them.

“You guys...…” Bronco said, and then struggled down from the car.

“…...are in trouble, big time.”

“No, no, no, Colt. We found a spell. If we finish it before sunset, we'll get to see our father.” Barley explained, lifting Will’s top part, revealing his legs underneath.

“Ahh!” Bronco exclaimed in surprise, before composing himself.

“Well, uh, your mom told me there was some kind of……strange family issue going on……and this is definitely strange. But no, dang it. I'm not letting you upset your mother anymore. And [Y/n], how’d you think your Aunt feels?”

“Well, what she doesn’t know won’t kill her right? Wait, she really doesn’t know. Does she?” [Y/n] asked sheepishly.

“No. But I am so close to telling her. Now you get in the vehicle, I'm escorting you home.”

“No. No way.” Barley said firmly.

“I'm giving you to the count of three.” Bronco said, counting down with his hoof.

“Okay, we'll go.” Ian said, taking the keys from Barley.

“Ian.……” [Y/n] protested.

“He's a police officer.” Ian simply stated.

He walked into the van, Barley and [Y/n] following after him, not after giving Bronco one last glare.

Ian got into the driver’s seat, with Barley sitting shotgun, and [Y/n] in the back with Will.

“What are you doing?” Barley asked Ian, [Y/n] also giving him a curious look.

“I don't know.” Ian answered and then stepped on the gas, speeding away from Bronco.