Team Up

“That was unbelievable.” [Y/n] exclaimed, as her, Ian and will sat in the van, with Barley driving.

“I know right. I mean, you were just like...…bzzzzzzzz……and the beam was just floating there!” Barley said proudly.

“I can’t believe that worked.” Ian said still in disbelief.

“Are you kidding me? Of course it worked!” [Y/n] exclaimed.

“Hey, but you were pretty amazing with the sword too. It was incredible, you looked like a pretty, strong, talented swordsman.” Ian praised.

[Y/n] laughed.
“Pretty?” She asked, making Ian blush.

“Oh, well you see……”

“He’s right [Y/n]. You definitely are not a damsel in distress. You make a fine knight my lady.”

“Why thank you kind sir. But seriously Ian you were absolutely extraordinary. My best friend is a wizard.” [Y/n] said excitedly, giving Ian a side hug, making him laugh.

“Oh! You're gonna nail Dad's spell now.” Barley said.

“Except we don't have a map.” Ian said, coming to sit at the front, [Y/n] standing behind them.

“But we've got this. Behold!” Barley exclaimed, pulling out one of the kid’s maps from the tavern.

Ian sighed disappointedly.

“Look, on a quest, you have to use what you've got. And this is what we've got.”

[Y/n] shrugged in agreement.
“He has a point.”

“Right? And best part is, little Kayla already solved the puzzle.”

Ian took the map.

“Well, according to Kayla, we just have to look for Raven's Point.”

“Raven's Point. Raven's Point.” [Y/n] pulled out her tablet, opening her GPS tracker.

The trio glanced at the map, seeing that Raven’s Point was a mountain.

“Yes! The gem must be in the mountain.” [Y/n] said.

“We could be there by tomorrow morning.” Barley said excitedly.

“Tomorrow morning?” Ian asked deflated.

“That still gives you guys plenty of time with your Dad.” [Y/n] said comfortingly.

“Yeah.” Ian said, with a bit of hope.

“Well, it looks like the expressway should take us right there.” He said, taking [Y/n]'s tablet from her.

“Mmm. Expressway is a little too obvious. On a quest, the clear path
is never the right one.” Barley said.

“What?” Ian asked confused.

“During one Quests of Yore campaign, Shrub Rosehammer and I took the easy route, led him straight into the belly of a gelatinous cube. Only reason I didn't suffer the same fate? I followed my gut. And it's telling me we take an ancient trail called the Path of Peril.”

Barley said, using his finger to trace a new path on [Y/n]'s tablet.

“Now that’s what I call an adventure spirit. On point Barley.” [Y/n] said, giving him a fist bump.

“But the expressway is faster.” Ian argued.

“Maybe not in the long run.” Barley replied.

“I know you want this to be like one of your adventure games, and that [Y/n] you really want to write an amazing story for your blog, but all that matters is that we get to spend as much time as possible with Dad.”