Part 3: Long Duk Dong

Start from the beginning

Sam jerks his arm away.

The Geek raises an eyebrow. "Am I turning you on?"

Sam stares at the Geek for a moment, mouth open in shock, then hurries down theaisle of the bus and exits. He's confident that because he actually conversed with him, Sam likes him.

"Encouraging, very encouraging." Geek whispers to himself.

-

Sam shuffles up the walk to the porch. The door opens andthe ladies stream out. A couple smile at Sam, most don'trecognize him. He stands to the side and plasters apolite grin on his face as he waits patiently for them toclear the door. Brenda and Ginny stand in the door andwave.

"Thank you so much. Thank you. You're all incredibly kind." Ginny waves, plastering a fake smile on her face.

"Thank you for coming." Brenda yells after them.

As soon as the ladies are out of earshot, Ginny leansagainst the doorjamb and groans.

Ginny rubs a hand over her stomach. "I sincerely want to puke. His relatives are animals."

She slides back into the house. Brenda looks at Sam.

"Why didn't you say hello to them?" She accuses. 

Sam rolls his eyes. "They didn't say hello to me."

"Don't be smart with me Samuel."

Brenda goes back in the house. Sam shakes his head indisbelief.

"I have entered a dimension beyondall time and space ...." He says sarcastically before following his mother back into the house.

-

Sam trudges up the stairs anxious for the solitude of his bedroom. He reaches the top of the stairs and throws up his free hand in dismay.

Sam's grandparents, Jim's parents, Howard and Dorothy Bakerare changing out of their travel clothes. They're in theirearly seventies. They're sweet and kind but pampered andparticular. Dorothy's in her gigantic bra and slip. Howard'sin his undershorts, undershirt, socks and garters. They'reputtering around unpacking.

He turns slowly to try and sneak back down without gettingnabbed by the grandparents

He turns slowly to try and sneak back down without gettingnabbed by the grandparents. A creaky stair gives him away.

Dorothy and Howard turn around. They're startled untilthey recognize Sam. Howard reaches for his pants.

"Samuel!" Dorothy shouts excitedly.

"Sam. . ." He mumbles under his breath.

Howard moves closer, reaching out for a hug. "How's my little pumpkin."

"Fine, Grandpa. How are you guys?

Howard gives him a hug and passes him to Dorothy who bearhugs him. Sam grimaces as he's engulfed in his grandmother's arms.