004. . . mcmxliii

Start from the beginning

How could he just want to go to war? was a question that ran past her mind. Mulan knows what can happen and his urge to want to do those things made her head surge with pain when she thought about it too hard. Bucky explained it wasn't because he was ready to kill people, but that he wanted to protect his country and his girl but that didn't satisfy her curiosity. They did have a small argument with raised voices and high emotions, of course they quickly made up. It will all be fine though because he would be back in her arms tomorrow.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Mulan woke up with a smile for the first time in the month of Bucky being gone knowing she's going to see him a couple of hours. She rushed off into the bathroom to freshen up, humming an airy tune while preparing for her day. She had to pick up one of Bucky's favorite cakes as a welcome home surprise, force Steve into getting the ballons for when Bucky came home, and haul ass with Steve to the train station in time to get Bucky. It was going to be a fun day for Mulan so help her god.

Mulan briskly walked down the sidewalk from Mrs. Chen's bakery with the chocolate cake she introduced Bucky to a while back, which he surprisingly liked saying it was like his Ma's. She moved her sleeve back to check her wristwatch. It was 10:14 am meaning she had about three hours to prepare before having her man back. Which meant it's time to bust in on Steve and force, ask, him to be a part of her surprise plan.

Knocking on Steve's door repeatedly, Mulan let out a loud yet soft, "Let me in!" The blonde man swung the door open in confusion. Steve opened his mouth to question what was wrong before getting cut off. "You, my dear baby toothpick, are going to help me surprise my man, also your best bud, by getting some balloons, bringing them to his place, and coming with me to the train station to pick up said best bud before he gets here okay? Okay! See ya!" Mulan rushingly stated before turning on her heel to  take a step down his porch and continue her plan.

"What happened to hello, how are you, good morning?" Steve jokingly asks leaning against his door frame.

Mulan then turns around, "Hello and good morning to you sir! Now are you gonna help me or not? We're on a time crunch here man." She says in a sing-song with a bright smile before dropping her tone into a blank stare.

Feeling a tad intimidated by her gaze Steve goes to grab his jacket and slips on his shoes knowing he's not going to get out of her plan. "Yeah, yeah I'm in. Am I bringing em' to his place or..." He trails off.

"YES! Yes, I said that Stevie now hurry your tiny ass up before we run out of time!" Mulan gushed moving her hands frantically as she spoke. This made Steve blush and rush a tad faster leaving her at his door and walking down the street to the shop. Mulan stands there for a second then looks behind her shoulder to see his door wide open. She shook her head and muttered, "Men." before picking up Steve's spare key and locking the door.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Mulan couldn't stay still at the train station. First it was bitting her lip then picking her nails and now she was bouncing on the balls of her feet with anxiety flowing and a sudden urge of nervousness. Steve's voice broke out, "'Lan you gotta' stop bouncing or I'm gonna chuck up, you know with motion sickness and all." He blurted with a grimace on his face noticing her anxious state. 

"Oh god, I'm gonna be sick. I feel like I'm gonna puke." Mulan warned as she bent over slightly and clutched her stomach.

"Hey, hey, hey now you can't throw up or I'm gonna throw up and then everything is going to be a mess-- look I think the trains pulling up now," Steve said as he gently rubbed her back as a way to comfort her.