"What do you mean?" Leo frowned, making me look him up and down. He's always wearing a damn suit.

"First off, how do you know what Rafael does?"

"I know about all the criminal activities that happen in this city." Leo raised an eyebrow up at me. Okay, I should have known that one. Leo's father built a big empire, he was loaded with money, which meant they knew everything. Why else would my parents love him?

"And how do you know that it was Rafael that killed them? There's a lot of criminal organizations in Chicago." I kept my voice low, making sure no one could hear me.

"I have fingerprint-proof, I didn't think I'd have to prove so much to you since we've trusted each other for so long, have I ever lied to you?" Leo's eyes glazed over, his voice was soft. He's still hiding something from me.

"Just take me home," I muttered, turning around and spotting Leo's Mercedes.

***

The car ride was quiet, and I was thankful for that. I didn't feel like talking at all. I wanted to drown in my thoughts.

I was now sitting on my couch, and I was paranoid.

Paranoid is an understatement.

What if someones on their way now, to kidnap me or to kill me. Rafael looked so mad.

People with anger issues don't admit it.

I hope he knew that I wasn't going to squeal, so they can leave me alone.

Once the mafia finds you, there's no hiding.

My heart jumped out when someone knocked on my door, I quickly got up checking the peephole, thank god I had one of these. Marco's hard face came into view, I gasped ducking my head to make sure he didn't see me peeking through. The guy clearly doesn't like me, is he going to finish me?

I'd say so.

"I can practically hear you breathe, open the door." Marco's voice vibrated through the door. "Or I can break it down. Whatever suits you."

Okay think Christina, if you open the door he might kill you, and If you don't open the door, he'll definitely kill you.

Shitest situation. I clenched my eyes shut. "Let me put some clothes on." I squeaked out a reply, I'm so bad at lying. I quickly went to my kitchen grabbing a knife and putting it in the pocket of my baggy skirt. You can hardly tell it was there.

I walked over to the door, opening it. Marco pushed it open, pushing me aside and shutting it behind him.

"What weapon did you grab?" He looked bored when he asked me. How the hell did he know? "Girls like you always think you're under threat. I won't lie, you're smart." Marco shrugged as if he knew exactly what I was thinking. I didn't even reply, I stared at him, wide-eyed like an idiot. "I'm guessing a knife, Rafael told me the story."

"What do you want?" My voice shook, stop being so scared, I hate being a pusśy.

"I'm not going to attack you, so you can relax, no need to be shįt scared." Marco chuckled but then his face dropped. "Rafael would cut my dįck off anyways. I thought it was bros before hoes, you know?" Marco muttered to himself.

Rafael doesn't want to hurt me?

Of course, he doesn't!

I went to open my mouth but Marco gave me a look that shut me up, Jesus this guy's face was stone. "I'm just here to clear my best friend's name, So don't talk." He pointed at me, daring me to speak.