❂ 044. innocent

Start from the beginning

Flushing slightly at his words, the Padawan heard Wolffe cough lightly to cover up his own blush, "Though, I am curious. How did that happen so fast—?"

"I think that's quite enough, Cody," Chuckling, he cut his Commander off as Eisha gnawed on her lower lip and Wolffe felt his hands become clammy.

'This always happens,' Awkwardly rubbing his neck, though Eisha seemingly brushed off Cody's comment, 'What's wrong with me?'

Scrunching her nose, she glanced around the group and Wolffe's heart fluttered at the cute expression, "Hey, where's Waxer and Boil?"

"Actually," Stroking his beard thoughtfully, the Jedi raised a brow, "We were hoping they'd be with you."

"Well, they're clearly not, Mum."

He sighed, "Padawan, do stop calling me Mother."

"Then, stop acting like my mother," She smirked.

With his Commander nonchalantly nodding along and agreeing with her words, the Jedi could only scoff. Sending a pointed stare at Cody, whilst the Commander chuckled. Dismissing it, he waved his hand, "Let's get the rest of the men moving. The others will catch up."

He turned to Eisha, "And, we're going to have to find someone to watch your new little one. I need you fighting — not babysitting."

Raising a brow, she shrugged, "Who says I can't do both?" Smiling to Wolffe as she let go of his hand, she balanced the child against her in one arm whilst the other twirled her lightsaber hilt, "No issues here."

Her Commander only sighed, running his hand down his face as he gave her an exasperated look.

Furrowing her brows at him, she gave a confused grin, "What?"

"Oh, nothing." He smiled softly at her expression, Obi-Wan had long left the two alone, "Nothing, at all." His grin only brightened when she scrunched her nose at him again.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Pushing back another one of the creatures away from Wolffe, she formed a small shield around him as she fought.

Not even a few minutes after re-entering the village, they were immediately met by storming carnivorous beasts. The best part?

They clearly haven't been fed in a while.

Flipping over one, she called to Obi-Wan, "Master! What's the plan here?" A cold shiver ran down her back, and her violet eyes snapped to the Commander, "Blaidd!"

Defenceless on the floor, he quickly backed up. She had taken her eyes off of him for two seconds, and he had been instantly knocked down then.

Her breathing quickened, "Blaidd!"

Hearing his Pitat's shout, he was unable to spare her a glance. Firmly closing his eyes, he braced for the snarling beast to attack — only one thought drifting around his mind.

'I'm sorry, Angel.'

But, the attack never came.

Squinting open his eyes, they blew wide at the sight before him.

Hand thrown out, and jaw clenched — she drove the beast towards her instead, clutching Fiolet to her chest. Struggling to stand, he gaped at her. Her deep violet eyes grew bloodshot and scarlet before she squeezed them shut in concentration. Feeling Wolffe's gaze on her now, she controlled her breathing, a strain to her voice, "Get back."

Quickly rising, his gaze remained glued to her. Seeing the shaky breath pass her lips as she walked backwards, the creature attentively followed her. Picking up two more, she connected herself to them as their thoughts ran rampant in her mind. She desperately tried to focus.