Deal Between Hunter and Prey

Episode 2: Chapter 19~21

===========

Ace, Deuce, and Grim chased Ruggie through the hallways, throwing fire and pots all over the place. When they made it to the courtyard, Ruggie couldn't help but tease them.

"Shishishi!" he laughed. "Is that all you three can do? You're not much, are ya?" 

Riddle, Cater, and Lev quickly caught up to them.

"That guy is so fast," Ace gasped.

"He's not just fast," Deuce said through heavy breaths, "he's freakishly acrobatic." 

Ruggie laughed again. "Compared to the backstreets in the slums, this is a cakewalk. Did you all even think this through? Even if you caught me, how're you gonna prove that I'm the culprit? You don't have any evidence." 

"Y-you--!" Lev hissed. 

"What's wrong, Prefect? Cat got your tongue?" Ruggie sneered. "Anyway, I'm done here. I'm just gonna leave the pens here and leave. See you all next time~!" He dropped the pens and started dashing away.

"WAIT!" Lev screamed. "My necklace! Give it back!" 

"Huh? This little thing?" Ruggie asked, lifting up the pendant and spinning it around his finger. "It's pretty. I think I'm gonna keep it. Bye-bye~!" He ran away before Lev could do anything.

"N-no..." Lev gasped. "GET BACK HERE!" She sprinted after Ruggie. 

"Lev, wait!" Grim shouted. She didn't stop. She cased Ruggie through the hallways and even up to the room full of mirrors. 

Laughing his strange laugh, Ruggie jumped into his dorm mirror. Lev paused for a second before jumping after him. Once the bright light faded and the Savanaclaw Dorm House came into view, Lev quickly scanned the area for Ruggie.

"Bucchi!" she shouted. "Where are you?!" She spotted something dash out of the corner of her eye. She turned to see Ruggie sprinting into the dorm house. Lev quickly caught her breath and running after him.

How is he so fast?

She chased Ruggie through the Dorm House (which luckily, was mostly empty), and eventually caught him ducking through a large doorway. 

NO! He's not getting away!

She threw open the door and dashed through it. As soon as she entered, she felt someone grab her arm and shove her down into the ground. 

"What are you doing in my room, herbivore?" a deep voice hissed in her ear. 

Lev flinched. "L-Leona. What are--" 

"I asked you a question," Leona snapped. "Now, answer it."

"Fine! But get off of me!" 

Leona slowly moved off of her. "Now, talk."

The Ramshackle prefect sat up and glared at him. "I was chasing Ruggie when I saw him run in here. I didn't know this was your room, I swear." 

"Why were you chasing Ruggie?" 

"He stole something of mine," Lev spat. "I want it back." 

"Was it this?" Leona held his hand, showing Lev's necklace dangling from his fingers.

Lev's eyes widened. "Yes! Give it back!" She leaned over to grab it, but Leona used his free hand to hold her away.

"No."

Lev's eyes began to water again. "Please. That's the thing I have from my home. It's important to me." 

"Really? Is that so?" Leona studied the small object. "I suppose you'll do anything to get it back, huh?"