Tart Time

Episode 1: Chapter 16~17

=========

The small quartet made their way to the Heartslabyul Dorm. When they got there, the atmosphere was quite different than their previous visit. Before when they visited, the rose gardens were calm and peaceful. There wasn't very many students walking around then, with most being at school or eating quietly somewhere. 

Now, however, several different students ran around frantically, all preparing for the Unbirthday Party. Some carried dishes or roses back and forth. Others set up tables and chairs. 

It wasn't long before Lev spotted a familiar face.

"Hi, Cater!" she shouted, waving her hand. 

Cater, who was wearing a suit similar to Ace and Deuce's, grinned and waved back.

"Hello, Lev~!" he called back. "Wow, Prefect, you look super cute in that dress! We should ask you to come over all the time!" 

Lev blushed a little. "Thanks."

"What are you doing?" Grim asked, narrowing his eyes as the jumpy extrovert.

"I'm waiting for me," Cater answered simply. They all paused.

"You're waiting...for you?" Deuce repeated slowly.

"Yep! See?" Cater waved to someone behind them. They looked to where he was pointing and gasped. Another Cater, this one dressed in his normal school outfit, walked up to them. 

"Hi, me," the second Cater chirped. "Sorry for the wait."

Ace gaped at the two Caters. "Does he have a secret twin?" 

"Nope," the Cater in the school uniform said. "I'm the only boy in my family. This is my unique magic, 'Split Card'. It allows me to make copies of myself."

"That explains how you guys couldn't seem to beat him before," Lev said, twisting a strand of hair around her finger in thought. Just as she said that, two more Caters appeared. One was dressed in a lab coat, and the other wore ceremonial robes.

 "Hi~ Lev-chan!" the one in the ceremonial robes greeted.

"Looking cute~," the one in the lab coat complimented.

Oh no, there's more of them. My poor energy....

"Took you all long enough," the Cater in the colorful suit grumbled, though still maintaining his signature smile. He waved a hand, and all his clones disappeared. "Whoo! I'm tired. It's hard keeping up all those copies for so long. Why don't you all follow me? You're just in time!" 

They agreed and followed him to the party venue. The Heartslabyul students had managed to finish the decorations. Round tables were covered in white tablecloths and exotic plates and decorations. Red roses were sprinkled everywhere, covering everything from seats and tables to other decorations and streamers. Cater led them to where several other students were standing. After they waited for a few minutes with the other students, one student stepped out of the rose maze and cupped his hands over his mouth.

"Announcing our great leader!" the student declared. "The Crimson Ruler, Dorm Leader Riddle!" 

The dorm leader walked out of the rose maze, dressed in an outfit similar to the other students, but much more extravagant. His suit was white and black like the others, but a black cape was tossed over one shoulder and held by a rose pin. A golden crown was perched upon his head. 

Trey stood behind the dorm leader, smiling widely at the students. He also gave a small wave to Lev. She waved back.

Riddle looked about, studying the party decorations approvingly. He must've been in a good mood.