Chapter 9

"How are we going to find Heehoo?" Ethans tone proved his frustration.

"Honestly I don't really want to find him," I muttered.

Mark gestured to the soggy Takis on the ground and offered an idea. "Why don't we just follow the trail?"

It led us to the East Point half of the beach. Unfortunately once we reached the sand, the trail was lost.

"Well now what?" Ethan huffed.

Mark's brow furrowed in contemplation. His eyes fell upon something behind Ethan and he let out a gasp.

"What? What is it?!" I asked, trying to figure out what he had spotted.

Mark took off, past Ethan and I. We turned to watch as he ran up to a wooden snack shack.

"You're in luck! This is our last bag," the guy running the shack smiled, handing Mark a bag of fuego Takis.

"Smart!" Ethan grabbed the bag from Mark's hands. "We can use this as a trap to lure Heehoo."

"Are you dumb?!" Mark retorted snatching back the Takis.

"Then what are-"

Mark opened the bag and took a satisfying sniff before carefully reaching in and pulling out a gloriously coated chip.

"It's perfect..." Mark whispered.

He then popped the chip in his mouth and started sucking off the taki dust. All the slurping was even more disgusting in person.

"Did you seriously just buy those to have a snack?" I grumbled.

In response Mark spat the naked Taki chip at my feet, giving me a defiant smile.

"This doesn't help us figure out how to find Heehoo," Ethan complained.

Something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I stiffened at the sight before me.

"I don't think we are going to have to..." I mumbled, "I think he just found us!"

A wild Heehoo screeched from atop the snack shack. I slapped my hands over my face. I wasn't sure what kind of clothing this version of Heehoo had, but I didn't want to find out.

"Uhh... you can look." Ethan said. His voice sounded as shocked and confused as he looked.

I peeked through my fingers to see that Heehoo somehow had a censor bar that followed wherever he moved. It actually looked like it was a part of him, as much as his ears or hands.
Heehoo leapt off of the snack shack, landing in front of us in his signature caveman crouch. Mark and Heehoo glared at each other.

"Don't you dare-"

Before Mark could finish his sentence, Heehoo lunged at him. Mark swiftly dodged the grasp at his precious Takis and retaliated with a kick to the back. Heehoo was barely even fazed. He spun around, grabbing one of Mark's ankles and leveraging him to the ground. Like a flash of light Heehoo was off with the Takis.

"After him!" Mark yelped, raising an indignant fist.

We seemed to have different motives for catching Heehoo at this point, but I guess the end goal was all the same right? Catch Heehoo. Get him in the music box. Find whatever other Cryptids had escaped, and bury the box, and the channel, once and for all.