Chapter 5

Omg i'm sorry i haven't updated in awhile trying to just sort out some writers block!

"Kid... put the gun down..."

Tony was in shock at what he saw in front of him. His kid, his kind and innocent son that would never hurt a fly stood there, his eyes blank and sinister, a gun pointed at the chest of his best friend.

"Pete you gotta listen to me okay? Just put the gun down." Tony pleaded.

Peter didn't even react to Tony's words. Tony looked over at Ned , oh poor Ned, he sat there bound to the chair and trembling like a leaf. Tears were streaming down his face as he lightly shook his head, squeezing his eyes shut.

SP-253 looked around the room, closely examining each figure. Something looked familiar about one of them, the one with a metal arm, but he couldn't place his finger on it. He shook the thought away and focused on his mission.

His mission.

Sir was already mad at him for hesitating before, he couldn't hesitate now. He cocked the gun and tilted his head to make sure it was perfectly lined up, just the way Sir had taught him.

He watched as his mission began to thrash around in the restraints, yet the people at the door didn't do anything. He quickly looked over at the ground near Sir and he noticed as Sir slightly nodded back to him.

Ned looked up, making direct eye contact with Peter. He didn't see his best friend looking back at him. He saw this heartless soldier, who didn't even remember who he was. And he saw the end of the gun. The end of a gun that you never want to have towards you. He closed his eyes and braced for death.
Death caused by his best friend...

SP-253 took a deep breath...

Made sure he was locked on target...

And pulled the trigger.

BANG!

~ ~ ~

BANG!

Peter's eyes widened when he heard the crash of legos on the ground. He quickly spun around and saw his best friend, Ned, sitting on his bed mouth hanging open in confusion.

"Y-you're the Spider-Man!"

"N-no I'm not, I'm not."

Ned shook his head and Peter sighed.
"Fine! I am Spiderman, but you can't tell anyone okay?"

Ned's eyes widened as he jumped up off the bed.
"Oh my god I'm best friends with Spider-Man!"

Peter chuckled and sat down beside his friend.
"Ned listen to me, now that you know you might be in danger. I want you to know that I'll always make sure nothing happens to you." He said,

"I'll always protect you, no one will hurt you."

Ned never forgot those words, and he believed him.

Well up until about 30 seconds ago...

~ ~ ~

The sound of a bullet hitting the vibranium shield caused a ringing in everyone's ears. SP-253 looked over at Sir who began yelling furiously.

"SP-253 complete your mission! NOW!"

SP-253 nodded and fired more bullets at his mission. Each one was deflected by the large metal man now standing in between them.

SP-253 watched as Sir and a few other agents fought against the man with the frisbee and the woman in the black suit. He panicked when he saw the man with the metal arm like him grab his mission and run out the door.

He tried to chase after them, but the metal man stopped him.
"Kid, please listen to me. This isn't you, HYDRA is controlling you! You gotta fight it Pete!"

SP-253 was so confused. Who was kid and Pete? However this metal man talked badly about HYDRA, and HYDRA was his home. He owed his life to HYDRA.

He stood still awaiting an order. He had failed his first mission. He wasn't sure what Sir would do.
"SP-253, eliminate them all!" He shouted as he received a kick in the face from the woman in black.

SP-253 climbed the wall and perched in a corner. He surveyed the room, picking out all of his targets. There were three of them. He couldn't fail another mission.

Everything went silent for a moment. The three avengers watched their kid, waiting to see what he would do. The other agents were all unconscious on the ground. It was just him against them...

SP-253 quickly dropped down onto the back of the metal mans suit and began ripping it apart. It was like tearing off strips of paper due to his super strength. Before he knew it, the metal man was on the ground, suit in pieces around the room.

He spun around and saw the two remaining targets circle around him. He crouched down low and pulled two knives from his belt. He charged at the woman, making sure to keep an eye on the frisbee man too.

Natasha struggled to dodge Peter. Normally fighting someone like him wouldn't be a problem, but she refused to hurt him. She gasped as Peter's knife sliced her forearm, then her inner thigh. She dropped to a knee, then received a quick punch to the face and landed beside Tony.

SP-253 turned back around, face to face with the last man standing. He cracked his neck and rolled out his metal arms shoulder before staring the man down. This was something else Sir had taught him. Intimidation.

Steve's heart broke at what he saw. He didn't recognize the boy in front of him. Peter was warm and smiling. This boy was broken and cold, he looked... evil?

Just like Bucky did that day on the bridge...

Steve knew he couldn't beat the teen in hand to hand combat. He dropped his shield and raised his hands.
"I don't wanna hurt you Peter."

SP-253 tilted his head in confusion. This man was his mission. But he surrendered. He shouldn't hurt him.
But HYDRA says no mercy.

He tightened his grip on his knife.

"Please Peter, remember who you are, remember who we are. HYDRA messed with your mind."

SP-253 had had enough of them dishonouring the name of his home. He decided to break one of the most punishable rules. He decided to speak without permission.

"HYDRA saved me."

Even he was taken aback by his voice. It came out low and gravely, his tone laced with anger, yet it still trembled slightly. His throat burned even after only saying those three words.

Steve was taken aback by Peter's voice as well. He could tell it hadn't been used in a long time. He noticed that Peter hesitated too. He sighed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry about this Pete..."

He raised his shield but Peter snapped out of his confused state and grabbed it. He bent the vibranium with his metal arm, ripped the shield from Steve's hands and threw it to the ground.

Steve could only gasp and watch as Peter's fist came barreling towards his face, successfully knocking him down to the ground beside Nat and Tony.

Peter picked up his gun and was about to complete his mission when he heard an angry yell.

"That's enough."

Sir slowly sat up. SP-253 stiffened at his voice, returning to a state of attention, awaiting his next order.

"SP-253 you have a new mission." Sir began. SP-253 turned to look at him.

"Yes sir?"

"Terminate Project Spider."

Oooooh i think that was a good cliffhanger I'm not sure. Sorry this one is like extremely short but it's all I can manage to get out right now. Schools been nuts so bare with me for a little while haha. Thanks for reading i hope you enjoyed! Bye!
-taco