KABANATA 4

I spent all my day busily at the office. Hindi talaga maiiwasan ang mga pagkakataong ganito kung saan halos nakadikit na lang ang aking pwet sa upuan at ang mga mata ay nasa harap ng napakaraming letra.

But at lunchtime, Demeece called me up telling me that there was a phone call coming from Abellanosa. I instructed her to specifically inform the man that I'm currently talking with my manager. Which was true. Then after the second hour, she called me up again because of that same man, I told her to keep that man away from space because I'm still busy with work. And I have another slide to prepare for Friday.

Dahil naroon nga ang aking manager ay hindi maiwasan na marinig niya ang pag-uusap nami ni Demeece.

Tinitigan 'nya ako ng may malisya. "I knew a certain Thyrone Lothario Abellanosa. He led a known medical supplies company. Are we talking of the same person?" hindi na napigilang itanong ni Mabele.

Since she's more than a manager to me, I promised her that she'll know everything about my work and activities. Kaya naman ay hindi ko na napigilang sabihin ang aking problema kay Abellanosa. And I saw how worried she turned into. Mabele is not just a manager she is the only person I trusted in this world. She knew about my past that's why her reaction was natural.

"That's what happened yesterday. And tomorrow I'll jog with his brother," my last sentence on the anecdote of yesterday's event.

She worriedly faced me, "Are you sure you'll be fine? I'm not comfortable with the idea of you helping his brother, but we can't allow him to expose your documents to the media."

"Don't worry about me Mabele. I can handle him and his plan," I assured her while working on my computer.

She stood up and looked out of my window. "I will tell your bodyguard to look closely at you from now on. Remember to inform him of your whereabouts," she informed.

I stopped typing on my keyboard and glance at her. "You're being dramatic. I'm fine and he's harmless. As you said he's head of an office and I don't think he will put his name in the dirt."

She nodded her face, "But we can't assure that. People break the rule when they feel they are in trouble. I want you to take extra care of yourself this time. Can I expect that from you?"

"Of course, I will!" pagsisigura ko sa kanya para hindi na 'sya mag-alala sa akin.

She remained worried even after my assurance. Para naman 'di na niya masyado pang isipin ang kasalukuyang kondisyon ko ay sinadya kong pag-usapan namin ang imbitasyon sa akin ng isang organisasyon sa darating na Biyernes.

"Mrs. Gutirrez confirmed your appearance on Friday. He asked me what were your expectations of the participants?" she asked me.

I shook my head. Never in my seminar conducts na nagde-demand ako of anything. As long as my participants are physically and emotionally present during the entire session then I'm good. But then I can't avoid unleashing my kamalditahan whenever I found any participants busy with other things instead na namnamin ang session na inilaan ko ng oras at panahon para mabuo ang content. I am rude when someone is rude to me first. And besides, the session isn't for free they pay for it. So I expect them to behave the way they are supposed to behave.