9

Along the way, they met more disciples from various sects and it only took few exchanges of sentences before they all buddied up.

After a while of talking to each other, their subject became how boring Gusu is and how it's so much fun in Lotus Pier.

One youth spoke, "Next year, I'm going to Yunmeng to study! Nobody can hold me back!"

Nie Mingjue glared at his brother sitting prettily beside him, his fan still covering half of his face. "Huaisang!"

Nie Huaisang jumped a little on is seat then looked at his older brother and smiled sheepishly, although it was hidden behind his fan. "Da-ge."

"Nobody would hold you back. Your older brother would just break your legs."

The disciples all laughed at this. They all know that even though Sect Leader Nie have a solid relationship with Nie Huaisang, he's still, nonetheless, terrifying. Especially when it is about his little brother's studies.

Wei Wuxian spoke, "To be honest, Gusu is quite fun as well."

"Says the one who broke rules on his first night in Gusu." Jin Ling said.

Sizhui glanced at Jingyi and sighed. "Jingyi, don't get ideas.", he warned.

"What? I'm not even doing anything."

"You're breathing. There's that.", says Jin Ling in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jingyi scowled at him. "Shut up, Young Mistress."

"Just don't plan on breaking a bunch of rules again and copying Senior Wei's antics, Jingyi." Zizhen interrupted before the two ducklings—Jin Ling and Jingyi—could tear each other's head off.

"I don't even plan it. It just, somehow, happens.", he pouted. They all know what Jingyi said is true. He never plans what chaos he will cause in and out of Cloud Recesses. Somehow, the chaos always finds him first and drags his friends along with him

Nie Huaisang spoke, "Wei-xiong, just remember, do not ever provoke the proudest disciple of Lan Qiren, the disciple named Lan Zhan."

"The Lan Zhan from Two Jades of Lan? Lan Wangji?", Wei Wuxian asked. "Is he the lad who looks quite pretty? Very pretty."

Lan Xichen could see the tip of his brother's ear going red from the compliment. Ah Wangji, you are too adorable, he thought.

"White from top to bottom, wearing a forehead ribbon, and carrying a silver sword on his back. He looked rather handsome, but with his straight face, he looked like he was mourning.", he continued.

Nie Huaisang spoke assuredly, "That's him!" After a pause, he spoke again, "But he had been doing secluded meditation for the past few days. You just came yesterday; when did you have the chance to see him?"

"Wei Wuxian is really good at fucking shits up. Don't even bother to ask." Jiang Cheng said to Nie Huaisang on the screen to which his friend responded with chuckle.

On her own seat, Wen Qing also nodded to Jiang Cheng's words. "Wei Wuxian is an epitome of a walking disaster", she murmured to herself.