7

The lights went out.

"..."

"..."

"Is it finished now?" Jin Zixuan asked.

A long high-pitch ringing engulfed the whole room. After a while, it was replaced by a voice, "Hello. Hello. Mic test. Can you hear me?"

"Who are you?!" Nie Mingjue shouted.

"Oh great, you can hear me.", the voice said, sounding strangely familiar. "Hello uh... cultivators. There's no need for you to know my name. Just know that this is all an accident and I didn't mean to bring you all here. I'm really sorry."

Wei Wuxian became even more curious. Just how powerful is this person that he brought people back to life by accident. "What is happening here?", he asked.

"Okay. I... I was actually experimenting because I wanted to watch Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation in something that exceeds 3D."

"T-three... What did he say?" Jingyi whispered to Sizhui.

Sizhui shrugged, looking around to find the source of the voice. "...I don't know..."

The voice continued, "I thought, why not just experience it first-hand. So, I made this machine that's supposed to transmit my consciousness to your world but shit happened and... yeah... I kinda brought you all here instead..."

"..."

"..."

"...What?"

"I'm not sure I understand what he just said."

"...Yeah, me neither."

"..."

"Can't you just take us back?", Nie Huaisang asked after a moment of silence. To be honest, he enjoys the show and having his Da-ge around again but he still wanted to ask just to make sure they're going to come out of it alive.

"Uh... So, the thing is... you have to finish the whole show for this to end... ", he said sheepishly.

The cultivators bellowed, "This is madness!" "Bullshit!"

"Okay... uhm...", the person tried to speak but his voice was drowned out by the angry shouting of the cultivators.

"Settle down!" Another voice echoed throughout the room. When everyone halted talking, he continued, "Now, sit your asses down and listen!"

There was a shuffling noise before muffled voices were heard. "Bo-di, you didn't have to shout at them. It was my fault."

"But Zhan-ge, they weren't listening."

"I can handle them. I told you to order foods for them 'cause I don't think they can perform inedia without spiritual energy."

"But—"

"Yibo. Go now.", his tone was stern and did not allow the other person to retaliate.

There was a sound of door closing from a distance before he spoke again, "As I was saying, there might be another way to speed this up although you still have to watch a whole chapter.", he paused. "Can someone— ah no—Mister Lan Xichen, can you please go to the side of the screen."

Lan Xichen followed him and went in front where the screen is.

"There should be a rectangular thing there with buttons. Just press the bottom one on the right, that should play the last chapter."

Lan Xichen did as he said but after doing it, nothing happened. He tried again, but still, nothing.

"Oh shit...", the person, or as the other guy called him earlier, Zhan-ge, cursed audibly. "Let me go check something first. Excuse me."