"You're a man of many trades," I added as he spoke of his friend's teachings.

I then submerged myself completely into the water for a few seconds before coming up for air. Grabbing one of the bars of soaps he had set out for me, I rubbed some into the palms of my hand and began to massage my shoulders, all the way down to my wrists.

Cupping handfuls of water and rinsing off the bubbles, I winced slightly as the warm water made contact with my broken skin; the pain disappearing soon after.

"Do you need anything else?" He asked, continuing to watch me.

"Could I take a shower?"

"Of course, let me set it up for you,"

Pushing himself up from the tub, he walked over to the back of the room where he then put on the shower, reaching his hand under to make sure the water was at a decent temperature. Walking back around the divider, he helped me out of the bath and over to the glass-encased area.

"Thank you," I let out before stepping underneath the falling drops.

"I'll leave you to have some time for yourself, there's some clothes for you by the door. Come downstairs when you're finished, I'll make you something to eat," He responded, handing me bars of shampoo and conditioner.

Giving him a nod, he gave me a small smile and disappeared from the room.

I took the next half an hour or so to fully take care of myself and focus on recovering from the long evening I had just endured. Lathering my hair with scents of rose and lavender, I hummed as the warm water hit my skin. Massaging my body once more, I winced as I pressed at the bruised parts of me. Rinsing all of the soap from my hair and body, I then rung out any extra water from my waves before stepping out.

Grabbing a towel from one of the bamboo racks, I gently patted myself dry, making sure not to irritate my sensitive skin. Loosely wrapping the towel around my body, I walked over to the vanity and picked up a tube of aloe vera Damien had set out and rubbed it over my wrists as well as any other open cuts, soothing them almost immediately.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I noticed the slight tint of red that covered my face—a product of the warm shower and tonight's events. Although I had been exhausted, the person staring back at me was entirely alive.

From the way the bruises and marks decorated my skin to the newfound shade of red that adorned my cheeks, every part of me had been seemingly awakened. For the first time, after spending the night with someone, I felt physically and emotionally full.

Feelings I had Damien to thank for.

Walking over to the table he had set down clothes for me on, I pulled on a long-sleeve shirt that I assumed to be his as it was a little too big for me. Also leaving me a pair of sweatpants, I decided against wearing them as the shirt already fell to my thighs.

Finding my way to the staircase, I walked down the floating steps and immediately fell lost as I didn't know which way the kitchen was. Making my way past the living room, I walked down a corridor, hoping I was going the right direction.

"Damien?" I called out, immediately placing my hand over my mouth as I realized I had callen him by his first name.

Turning the corner into what resembled a cooking area, I was met with Damien's smile.

"Damien, huh?" He teased as he leaned into the counter in front of him.

"I'm sorry—" I tried to apologize.

"It's okay, Vera. Consider us both on a first name basis now," He reassured, turning around to face the stove, whilst still laughing at my embarrassment.