No Coincidences

This is my first work and I would really appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have. Its just something I threw together and if its liked I'll try to continue it. Hope you enjoy!!!

**************************************************************************************************************

Her feet hit the asphalt with sudden urgency one after another; right foot, left foot, right foot. She moved swiftly, letting her stress drift away into the autumn breeze that sweep through the already changing leafs high above. She could hear her heart thudding like a loud and endless throbbing in her head. Lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub. She was running against the wind which she found to be ironic. Like everything in her life it pushed against her but she pushed harder. The overcast was comforting in a way, not allowing the sun to sneak brutal rays of light in which provided a perfect morning. The light drizzle reassured her, letting her know it would be okay to cry. Who would even know? She felt so alive and free. She felt something inside herself she couldn’t even explain, something that made her quiver all over. For some reason, she never felt more like herself than when she was running. Her breathe was quickening and her muscles were beginning to ache but she pushed herself forward. This was when her mind was the clearest, when she could actually think. But she still couldn’t help but being so confused; she had no idea what even she was doing. These last few months had taken her completely by surprise. She had feelings, which even she couldn’t explain, for Landon which was something she never even would have thought possible. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t seem to avoid him or stay away. She was drawn to him. Maybe she was crazy for thinking it, but it seemed that at times he felt the exact same way. Landon wasn’t one to hold a steady girlfriend, but he was someone all the girls would love to be with. He liked it like this and she knew it. This was how he was comfortable. She knew he would never in a million years admit it but this was his way of blocking the possible hurt that could be caused to him, his way of keeping his sanity and keeping people at arm’s length.  She loved that about him to a certain extent. She loved the secret, dangerous side but she wanted more.  

He lied there in bed just thinking. Alot of things ran threw his mind, but she was always there. He usually pushed it away. He hardly alowed himself to think about her, but now he wanted to. He wanted to see her slender and lengthy fingers gently brush her auburn hair behind her ears. He wanted to imagine her at home thinking about him too. He slowly closed his eyes as he let her and only her flood his mind. His heart thudded louder and louder, beating rapidly behind the barricade of his chest. His breath quickened and slowed all at once. She was the only thing in the whole universe that could make him feel this way. He longed to hold her, to touch her, and even more to kiss her. His mind was a whirlwind. His eyes shot open as he realized he was going too far. What was he doing? He shouldn't be thinking about her. After all, Hayden Montgomery was nothing like him. She was too good for him.

Her thinking was soon cut short by an excruciating pain she suddenly felt in her right thigh. Holly hell!!! She came to a complete stop on the side of the road and pulled herself to the curb. Damn, that had really hurt. She sat, stretching her leg out as she began to gently massage it. She laughed quietly to herself. Ha; I guess that’s what I get for thinking about Landon. Must have pulled a damn muscle she concluded as she attempted to stand some 10 minutes later as the pain once again began to shoot up her body, but she managed.

She drug herself up the flight of stairs and down the long hallway that finally opened into her bedroom. She threw her tank top into a pile of clothes that was beginning to grow in the corner of the room and kicked off her shoes as she plopped onto her bed. She lay there awhile and allowed the ceiling fan to circulate cool air directly into her path. She dabbed her face with a tissue that lay wadded on her nightstand collecting the salty sweat beads and the morning drizzle that she had encountered. She ran her lengthy fingers through her auburn hair that was tangled and matted to her face. “Ugh, forget it.”  She sad aloud to herself as she rolled over onto her side, trying to allow herself to drift off into a deep sleep that was much needed. But she couldn’t stop thinking about Landon. What was wrong with her? She thought about those wonderful features of his that she always said he had been blessed with. Like his dark, wavy hair that looked so amazing when it reflected the sun rays. Like how every girl since the seventh grade had always told him they would die to have his eye lashes .And like how his lips were the perfect shape and had a unique fullness to them. She imagined herself running her fingers along them and then him slowly drawing into her lips, teasing her with soft and gentle touches here and there and then forcing them into hers with burning passion. Her body began to shake. She wanted him and that was all she knew. Her parents would never, ever agree to her even thinking about him and he prolly wouldn’t have liked the idea much either. But what was life without a little risk? She had noticed this about herself ever since she had really started hanging around Landon, but things like rules and restrictions just didn’t seem to matter like they had before. She laughed quietly to herself wondering what her brother would think. He’d always been rebellious and a “troubled-teen” growing up, always giving mom and dad hell.  She decided she would call him tomorrow and see when he would be free to come down and visit. She did always look forward to her big brother coming to see her. Her mind was starting to become a little hazy and she was having trouble remembering the things she had just been thinking about. Her eyelids were becoming heavier and heavier until finally she lost herself to the sweet relief and comfort of sleep.    

A few hours later the sun had risen high enough into the sky to shoot brutal rays of light into Landon's small bedroom. Not being able to return to the comforts of sleep Landon slowly unglued himself from his bed. The day ahead would be long and he was already eager to get it over with. What the hell had Mr. Tipton been thinking when he signed him up for tutoring? Like thats how he really wanted to spend his free time. Landon wasn't completely dumb. He was actually pretty damn smart when he wanted to be. Once high school started though he began to lose himself. He started hanging out with the wrong crowds and began getting involved with lots of girls and lots of drugs. Hell, home life for Landon had almost always sucked, but he had just gotten tired of the bullshit. Mom always coming home drunk off her ass and dad always coming home wanting to pick fights. Only a few more months and then he could leave this hell hole once and for all. It didn't matter where he was going just as long as he was in fact going. As he pictured the places he could see himself fitting into Hayden once again began to steal his thoughts. What was it about her? He just couldn't understand why she was always on his mind. Images of her began once again taking hold of his mind. He frequently went as far as imagining her undressing. Watching her slowly remove every article of clothing that hid everything natural underneath. What he wouldn't give to just....

 "Landon!" There was loud banging on the other side of Landon's door. "Landon! Get your ass up!"

"I'm up!" Landon shouted back as he yanked open the door.

"You got some damn tutoring thing apparently. Someone just called to remind you. First time of heard of it."

"If you listend to a damn thing I said you would of known."

"Back talk? Really?"

"Not back talk mom. Just an observation." His mother began to speak once more, but as Landon shut the front door behind him her words were lost.