Prologue

There aren't many things Aria truly enjoys apart from figure skating. But as she drifts away from it after a near death experience, the former prodigy finds herself lost whilst trying to navigate her way through life. Aria wants to hold onto any anchor she can possibly find. 

Even if said anchor is Kim Namjoon, the untouchable volleyball team Captain.

Kim Namjoon with his blonde hair and perfect English that doesn't really make sense to Aria, though she would still listen to his rambling for hours. Kim Namjoon and the dimples adorning his smile, stars in his eyes that sparkle brighter than the ones in the night sky. Kim Namjoon who loves volleyball so much, he practices blocks and passes outside the locked gym even when it snows.

But the Kim Namjoon Aria adores so dearly doesn't even know her name.

Thinking love and relationships will come easier to her than entering nationals again, Aria decides to confess to her crush. Soon, however, she's taken by surprise to find out that matters of the heart are much more complicated than the triple axel jump.

As if Aria's unrequited feelings weren't already an issue to the picture-perfect-relationship she's been dreaming of, grim-reaper-wannabe Jeon Jungkook makes his appearance to kill all her efforts. With his wavy dark hair, doe-y pitch black eyes and an unnerving amount of pessimistic ambition, the volleyball team's ace player is Namjoon's number one fan and best friend. And he isn't shy about his hatred towards Aria either. Thus, he takes it upon himself to ensure the girl will fail at conquering the volleyball Captain's heart.

Aria embarks on a journey of growth and emotional development. Gradually, she comes across the heart-warming realisation that the only kind of love people truly need, is self-acceptance.