Naga

Contains: swearing, suggestive & sexual scenes, sexual dialogue

Alt pronouns used: xe/xem/xir/xirs/xemself [in comparison to: they/them/their/theirs/themself]

- - -

With Vernal around the corner, the demand for cleansing items spiked, keeping me busy. It was a good busy. These simple spells were a nice switch up from the more complex requests. And from the frustrating requests like the recent one from a werewolf couple-it wasn't a bad experience, just... more than I expected.

The lovely spring day had me taking my time doing deliveries. It wasn't often that I lingered around town. Despite living in Arvos for half a year, there was much I hadn't explored. There were still people and things I missed in Sunbron. But Arvos was gradually becoming my home. It was time I explored these bones.

I went to the northern part of town, where everything was always busy and loud. Where the tourists and travelers stayed. Where big-business held their offices and the covens provided most of the magics. It was Arvos's little chunk of big city.

It had been so long since I was around this much concentrated electricity. Soon into my adventure, I had to find a place to sit to nurse my headache. I went to the first bistro I found and got lemonade and a small sandwich. With a shady table secured, I enjoyed my snack as I people-watched.

"Sorcee!" someone nearly screamed. I choked on my drink and went into a coughing fit as a lamia rushed over to my table. "Sorry about that. It's been so long, I got overexcited."

I recovered and smiled up at my old friend. "What the hells are you doing here, Quendi?"

"Wow, nice to see you too, Quendi," xe mocked me. "I'm so happy we get to hang out again."

"Bitch, you know I'm ecstatic to see you." We both laughed. I got up and hugged xem, then made some room for xem and xir handchaise. Xe was one of the few friends I still had in Sunbron. Xe started as a customer-I still sent xem orders periodically-but we quickly fell into a close bond. "How have you been? What brings you to Arvos? I don't have any lotion made up for you right now, but I can make some before you leave-wait, how long are you here for."

"Well the lotion is sorta why I'm here. My cousin now has the itch."

The "itch" xe was speaking of was a hereditary condition within xir family. It caused muscle weakness and pain; the medication for it often caused dry, itchy skin-and scales, in this case. These two things made shedding an absolute bitch. Standard lotions didn't help xem much, so I crafted a magical one. "Alright. I have a few more errands to run, but after that, you two can come by and I can whip it up."

"He's not here in Arvos."

"Ah," I said with a hint of displeasure. The idea of traveling for work made me hesitate-I was still getting over the Haarhoven-vampire incident.

"He's in Flordora."

"Ah," I said with a perkier, but still mixed, inflection. The lure of the tropical port town was swaying me. "And when exactly were you thinking of having me visit?"

"Well," Quendi trailed. Xe picked up my sandwich and took a bite-some things never changed. Xe took a second, larger bite after quickly saying, "I might already have a teleport reservation for us in two days."

Damn. Teleports weren't cheap. I took the remaining bit of sandwich back from xem and finished it off as I thought over my schedule. "I'll need to make a couple arrangements, but that'll work. How long will we be in Flordora?"

"That's up to you really. The family riad is stupid lush and spacious-we don't mind you hanging around. Oh-and pack your swimsuit."

I laughed. "Sounds like I'm about to have a mini vacation, not a business trip."