"Actually, it's the opposite," I said while my excitement returned. "I have the location of a kid."

His face cleared a little.
"Really? Do you know what color?"

I was hopping from one leg to another as an impatient child would do. Did I know I was way too excited? Yes, I did. Did I care? No, I didn't. All I could think about was Clancy's satisfaction.

"A red!" I exclaimed enthusiastically.

At that, his smile returned and he walked to his desk. It was a short smile, as it was quickly removed, making place for a suspicious one.
"And how do you know this information?" he asked, looking down at his desk to sort some papers.

Not quite the reaction I was hoping for. I was expecting him to be ecstatic. Reds were pretty rare, just like oranges. The only place where you would actually find a lot of reds was at the government's projects.

"A kid from the camp forgot to tell me this info when he arrived. He came up to me though, to tell me about the red."

It wasn't really the truth, but otherwise, he would probably find out that I had been lying to him for a whole week, and that wasn't necessary, right? That would only bring difficulties to our relationship.

Yes, of course, Clancy was an orange, so he could simply find out that I was lying by entering my mind. However, he once told me that he trusted me, and that was why he respected my privacy. Shaming his trust would be disastrous for our relationship and also for my privacy. I didn't like the idea of him entering my mind unnoticed, so pretending that I hadn't lied was the best for now.

"Who was it?" he questioned.

"That yellow kid. I think his name is Ryder or something, " I answered, knowing very well that his name is Raiden.

He frowned. He didn't seem very pleased to hear that.

"I'll send Buz and his team."

"Excuse me?" I asked in disbelief, with my eyebrows furrowed. Did he not remember that I was the one who even told him about this red?

"I'll send Buz and his team," he repeated. "Could you tell me where this red would supposedly be?"

Was he being serious?

"Erm, actually, I was hoping to come along. After all, I was the one to figure out," I responded with an arrogant tone.

I immediately regretted it, because Clancy tilted his head to look at me and his dark eyes were telling me to not contradict him. He might like me, maybe even love me, but that didn't mean I had the right to go against him.

"Sorry, it's just-" I quickly added, "- I haven't gone out of the camp for a long time and I thought getting away from people for a while would be a little relaxing. Not that I don't enjoy it here, but I'm always surrounded by loads of people."

He didn't seem convinced, so I continued, "Besides, I don't know the exact location, just a general area. The more eyes, the more chance of finding her, right?"

He plopped on his chair, and after a moment of thinking about it, he responded with a 'fine'.
"You can use the jeep. Notify Buz and his team. How long will you be gone?"