𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. promises

Start from the beginning

         "photos? what photos?" hotch asked.

         jj sighed, looking back down at the table in front of her that had multiple black and white pictures scattered around, "it's a bunch of stalker-like pictures of liv, anna, and spence."

         "me?" spencer questioned.

         "yeah," jj confirmed. "there's one of you and anna standing next to each other at the park, you and liv sitting down on a bench, you carrying liv through sprinklers, you and liv on a local case from what i assume was a month ago. other than that, most of these are just liv and anna."

"so, he's been watching them and planning this out for months." rossi deducted.

"rosie and ollie." spencer mumbled, catching everyone's attention.

"what?" derek asked.

"anna's kids. no one is watching over them. it's 5 in the morning and they're probably still asleep. i have to get them." spencer said, walking out of the conference room. his statement was calm, which surprised everyone, considering his outburst earlier. in actuality, he was devastated for the twins. how was he supposed to tell two ten-year-olds that their mother and godmother have been abducted by a psychopath who makes jokes about what he's doing?

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

         devin came back to wherever they were with some towels and bottles of water. he stopped what he was doing and stared at the two women before him. almost as if he was choosing between them. he's already sucked all the energy from them, but that's not stopping him from wanting to make them suffer even more. he likes seeing them in pain. and despite that his dad would've killed him if olivia never pulled that trigger, he believed she ruined his life. maybe if she never did that, he wouldn't have to experience the constant abuse he faced in his foster home and with his foster parents. if she never pulled that trigger, the four women he helped hayden kill would still be alive. everything would've been better if olivia would've just let arthur kill his son, which is what devin believes. every day, he'd wake up and go to sleep, the first and last thing on his mind being how different everything would've been if olivia and anna never shot arthur.

"liv." devin stated as he inched closer and closer to her. he harshly pushed back her head, placing the towel on her face. he took some water and started to pour it on her face with the towel over it. she was coughing and attempting to gasp for air, which frankly, devin found joy in. however, he did remove the towel from her face and moved on to anna, doing the same thing, but quickly got bored of the activity altogether.

"you wanna know what the worst part was?" he rhetorically asked the girls, more so to olivia. "i thought you were gonna be the big sister i've always wanted. i thought you were gonna visit me every weekend, and i held onto the hope that maybe in a few months, or years, even, you'd adopt me or something. but no, i got stuck with the two crazy old people who thought it'd be fun to push me down stairs and did way worse as their own children laughed!" devin yelled.

he then continued, "you know, i thought tricking a bunch of agents in the FBI would be harder than this. all i had to do was be an incredible liar, i guess. i did commit those murders with hayden because i wanted revenge on you." devin pointed to olivia. "it just so happened that his girlfriend dumped him and was willing to work with me. but he just couldn't wait to pick a new victim, and now look where he is! he's not gonna last a day in prison. and no matter what happens here, i'm never going there."