Chapter 3-A Painful Memory

Start from the beginning

Realizing she couldn't reach the phone she grabbed my collar and stared with hostility.

"You have two choices. Either handover your phone and live for 10 minutes or die in two seconds."

What the hell was wrong with her. What kind of choice was this?

"Come-on don't be so angry. I'm not sending this image to anyone." I said, but she didn't remove her hand from my collar and stared with hostility.

"But it was interesting to see you enjoying..." I didn't get to say anything more as she moved to punch me which I barely avoided.

"Oh, come On. That punch would have really hurt."

I said moving away from her.

"What the hell do you want from me?" She spoke. But this time, I didn't see any anger in her voice rather I saw desperation in her tone.

I would be lying if I say that I wasn't surprised. This was not the Ibuki I knew. This was nothing like the usual one who takes pleasure in degrading Me, heck she even called me a pervert last time for no reason.

"I just want you to say why were you looking at the cosplay club like that." I asked her.

"I just decided to pay a visit to cosplay club because I felt like it okay. Was there a problem if I pay a visit to other club apart from track and field?" She asked. But I could see her lie and I wasn't going to let her escape. Because she clearly desired to be in the cosplay club, this may hold her back from her full potential.

And there was no way that I was going to let this slide. She had a lot of potential and I was going to draw it out from her.

"Don't lie to me ibuki. You and I both know that this isn't true. Tell me truth and get over with it." I pressured her a little to break her mental barriers she had put.

Ibuki gritted her teeth at my words and removed her hands from my collar and looked down.

"It is because I am a girl. "She said in a low voice.

Her words confused me. I didn't understand what exactly did she mean. She sensed my confusion and sighed.

"My birth was a mistake."

As I heard those words from her mouth, I became serious. This was much more severe than I had earlier thought. Its not everyday you hear someone question their own birth. And such talk didn't suit ibuki.

"What do you mean ibuki?" I asked her for explanation.

She tched again and asked an unexpected question, "What do you think of me Ayanokouji?"

I thought about it for a moment than answered, "Well your kind of cold. But yet you don't push away your friends. So, I can't figure you at all."

Ibuki started laughing. When she stopped, she turned towards me and said in a more serious tone," I believe that you won't tell what you hear now to anyone else."

I nodded; I wasn't the one to rat someone out just for fun. I knew my limits.

She sighed and asked me while gritting her teeth, "What if I tell you, my dad never wanted me to be born. What will you think?"

The sound of crickets and flies can be heard along with a gentle breeze blowing through the rooftop. I was surprised. It seems I wasn't the only one with family issues.

The best way here was to stay silent and let her continue. Because whatever I answer may worsen her mental state if she takes it in the wrong way.

When I wasn't answering she continued, "My father never wanted a girl child. He wanted someone to carry forward his legacy and dojo. He wanted a boy. Heck that bastard was even ready to abort me if it wasn't for my mother. She did her best to stop my abortion and I was born."