HEADPHONES AND SWITCHBLADES

Start from the beginning

He frowned, staring at his ruined cigarette, "you obviously aren't a water fairy." He muttered, "but you act like one."

"And yet you are obviously an asshole."

His eyes left the cigarette, and he lifted his head, eyes scanning her like a prize. She shifted uncomfortably until his eyes landed on her dangling headphones. As quick as can be, a switchblade she hadn't noticed before shot out and cut the wire, a loud gasp escaping her lips. He held the broken wire in his hands, dropping it next to his smashed cigarette, "your not wrong."

He was about to walk away, but her hand latched onto his wrist, pulling his attention back, "such a pretty mouth and all that comes out is bullshit, wow."

"You think I'm pretty?"

She scoffed, "is that all you got from what I just said? Seriously, if ignorance is bliss then you must be the happiest person in Alfea-" her green eyes faded into a deep purple, a smirk growing on her lips, "-or... maybe not? You must really hate this school, yeah?"

He didn't answer, he just ripped his wrist from her hold. He took one step away, but doubled over and turned back to her, finger in her face and furious look on his. But instead of saying anything, he just opened his palm and shook his head, stepping backwards from the girl. He muttered frantically as he walked away, "fuckin' mind fairies, think they special. Fuckin' red flags they are."

She smirked to herself, her eyes dropping to the flimsy ear phone and smashed cigarette. Her smirk dropped into a frown, who the hell was that guy?

 Her smirk dropped into a frown, who the hell was that guy?

AELLA SHARED A ROOM with 3 other girls. All of them were fairies, like her. One of them was a second year, Geana - air fairy - who was devastatingly pretty. She was one of those people that thought they were kind, but really just sounded ignorant with their bright blue eyes that pulled you in like hypnosis and shining black hair that hung to their lower back.

Another girl was Athena- Earth fairy - who was beyond rude. But she knew she was rude, it spoke widely with her personality and image, blue hair that was barely brushed through and dark eyes that seemed to speak in pig Latin, making it impossible to understand the girl.

The last girl was Quinn - light fairy - who hadn't stopped talking since she arrived. She was sweet like sugar, but there were little 'in sorry for bothering you' and 'I hope I'm not annoying you ' in the middle of every story she told when she spoke about all the cute girls she saw while she was outside and how she was happy to be away from her family.

Quinn already had her room done whenever the girls got there. As Aella and her new roommates opened the door, the light fairy sat with her legs spread out on the floor, wiggling her toes childishly. Her head came up in seconds, a tipsy smile hugging her face. But the smile fell and her jaw dropped as she saw Athena, who stood angrily in the middle of the room.