➪4. 𝙍𝘼𝘾𝙀 𝘼𝙂𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙏 𝙎𝙃𝘼𝘿𝙊𝙒

Start from the beginning

"Here, you have to race against another skater based on speed, but you can do different tricks to help you boost yourself. Or to help you win." Joe told the teenager.

"Enough talking now, I bet everyone is waiting for the race to start. Please take your starting stances. Good luck to the both of you." Cherry Blossom said to Shadow and
y/n.

Right away, the tall ginger-haired man and the (hair colour) girl skated up to the starting line. Shadow did a final stretch, while y/n lowered her light-up shades from the top of her head, to her eyes. With a click of a button, her equipment lit up, and the faint glow of indigo and dark purple appeared again.

Some people in the audiences gasped at y/n's spectacular skating outfit, and mumbling some compliments at her.

"A little light show isn't going to boost your chances of winning you know?" Shadow said to y/n, in a rude attitude.

"Of course not, but I'd beat you anyways because I'm simply just better." She replied smugly. Y/n heard a small annoyed mutter from Shadow.

"On your marks, racers!" The woman in the middle yelled out loud.

The two bent down, taking their starting position.

"Get set!"

The yellow light of the traffic light lit up.

"Go!"

And with the green light turning on, and the flag the woman was holding was being raised, the two had been long gone, one trying to come out victorious.

—— Miya Chinen sat on the edge of the seat, as he watched the big screen broadcast the race happening between his best friend and the anti-hero of S. He didn't doubt y/n, but he was definitely anxious for her. Miya knew y/n is skilled enough to take on Shadow, but the tricks Shadow uses to sabotage his opponents could seriously injure her.

The race was going pretty smoothly so far, with Shadow and y/n going head to head up to speed, with y/n doing several tricks to turn sharp corners. Many of the audience members were surprised how well this little 13 year old girl could skate.

"Y'know Shadow, it would be a shame to lose to a little girl!" Y/n teased Shadow, knowing damn well that she was not a little girl.

"You little piece of shit! Take this!" Shadow shouted back, as he threw some ignited firecrackers in y/n's path.

"Ooh firecrackers! I love them!" Y/n shouted in return, wearing a big grin to further provoke the man.

The short fuse of the firecrackers burned up, causing them to crackle and pop. The sparks flew everywhere, making them extremely difficult to dodge.