Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

The fight.

Loki!

Was he ok? You had chanced his survival... which probably drained more of your energy than you had ever done. He was ok though. Probably.

You weren't though. Low on fuel, obviously been captured by a bunch of assholes, and chained to a wall.

Chained to a-

Well, until the drugs in your system wore off, you were on your own as to magic. Unless they have you under more of whatever magic blocker they had. Then you were as good as dead.

"The little Fate. You never had to be a part of this, you know. You could've just handed over the murderer, and we would've left you alone." You couldn't describe the overwhelming obviousness of his lie, how it practically burned your nose with its stench. Or maybe the smell came from the shitty room you were sitting in. Either way, you doubted he would've ever 'just let you go'.

"You're an idiot if you expect me to believe that for a second... Kevin. Seriously, you're an imbecile."

"We can do this the hard way-"

"Or the easy way? Honestly. How stupidly cliché are you? I take it you kidnapped me, and are either going to ransom me to the Avengers or attempt to hide me from them. Do you know how many times I've seen that happen?" Well, technically you saw the scenarios in a movie. But the tactics the characters used in them could very well be successful in real life- right? 

Kevin scoffed. How did you know he was named Kevin? Because that's the name you saw above his head. Why? Well you might as well ask his creator. Or his mother. That might work too.

"Bitch, the Avengers aren't even looking for you. You really thought they cared? You are nothing more than a pest. They'll never come for you, you're not worth their time." He spat, stepping closer. Your jaw clenched, and you could only think about how much you wanted to slap him flat across his face. "You will never amount to anything."

"Then why capture me?" As much as you made it appear his words bounced off you, you couldn't help but think that he was right. The Avengers never wanted you.

It didn't matter that you could hear that he was lying. That he was wrong. His words stung.

"You think we wanted you? We wanted the Asgardian. But you had to go and fuck it up! You will pay for that, and then you will serve in his place."

"You're an asshole, you know that? I bet Brenda would love to kick your ass again. Or your sister Karen." Yeah, you were spilling everything you could get your hands on. Well, not your hands, given that they were chained to a wall beside you.

"Watch what you say around your master, worm. I control your Fate."

"Funny, pretty sure I control yours. I bet Brenda is going to knock down that door right n-" A fist collides with the side of your face, as another punch lands on your stomach. Your hair gets pulled, as his ugly face threatens in your ear.

Apparently, he didn't like that.

"No tricks with me, understand?"

"Fuck off."

Your head is thrown against the wall behind you, as you're picked up by your jaw this time. "Seems you didn't get the memo, Fate." A fist collides with your ribs. "What were you saying?"

"Fuck the fuck off."

Kevin scowls. "I have some friends who would love to break you. Why don't you play nice, and I won't call them in here?"

"You are going to shit yourself and run from the room in terror, telling your friends to beat their own asses." This asshole could go through himself off a bridge, and you'd be glad.

Instantly, you could see his eyes grow wide, as he ran from the room in terror, undoubtedly to tell his accomplices to beat their own asses. That's what they get for messing with you. Now to escape. You had to get out of here before someone came back. 

You mumble the chances of release, tugging against the wall. It worked, as you fell to the floor on your knees. As you're brushing yourself off, you realize that you're still in your dress from the party. The beautiful dress- torn and ripped along the edges. Stained with blood, dirt, and dust. At least you had a reasonable excuse. Nat would understand. 

You scour along the room, looking for the arrows. They stood out instantly against the dark concrete, leading out of the room and down the hall.

Unluckily, you follow them right to a room full of guards. How was this the best course of action? You follow them with your eyes, seeing what you suppose was the only entrance in or out of this hellhole. The guards finally realized you were there, most of them standing to face you.

"Uh- Hi." You say, before barreling down a different corridor. Alarms now blared above you, as you try to reach an exit. Or to even find another exit.

"You really thought you could get away that easily?" The voice sounded from behind you, sending shivers down your spine. "We haven't even gotten to the questioning."

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Stop." You say, and for a moment he does. But before you can get away, something collides against the side of your head -and before it even has time to register- you fall to the ground out cold.

Well shit.

(A/N: So... after chapter 30, I really don't know where to go with this. I have a plot, but unless I have a major time-skip it isn't happening. If I can't some up with something until then, this book may be put on hold. So PLEASE give me ideas, I just need some for minor scenes. Little one-shots for around the tower; preferably something that hinders or advances their relationship? Also:

Peter Parker may or may not end up confessing his love for someone\asking Fate to help him with that later in the book. So: who should he be paired with?

A) MJ

B) Teen Wade Wilson (deadpool)

C) Peter's too young for love (nobody/you don't like this idea)

D) Other

Btw, I know Harley(Keener) isn't on this, and that's because I have no idea how they would meet that would still fit the story. Sorry if you were hoping for that ship... I really picture them more as friends or maybe brothers? The same goes for Ned. Sorry if I blew a hole through your ship! 😅😅 Thanks for reading!)