"Who is Tash?" Shay laughs from behind me.

I turn around and wave her off, "Oh, fuck off, Shaybae."

"I'm really questioning these nicknames, Mia!" She smiles, and I laugh.

"Great game today, girls. Proud of you all," Kevin smiles and waves his hands around, "Now, go. Get something to eat, please."

We pick up our bags and walk toward the locker room. I take a look to the left of me, facing the stands, to see one Mr. Jackson.

I frown when I don't see him, and I look back at my feet.

"Girl, don't be disappointed," Shay nudges me, "He comes right when the game starts and then leaves right after it's over."

"Maybe he really comes for the game," I mumble, and Shay laughs right in my ear.

"That's funny, really, Mia. That's hilarious that you think that-"

I wave my hands around to stop her. "I get it. You don't believe me. Stop repeating your sentences."

Shay slings her arm over my shoulder and pulls me toward her. "Mia," she hums, "let me tell you something. How many games have you had since you and Nate broke up?"

"Uhm, three now," I mumble into the cold air. I'm starving. Looks like I'm coming to see you tonight, King Paul.

"And, on the third game, you found out that he's here. What about the other two games when you didn't look up to the stands because you thought he wouldn't be there. The fact that you think you play better when he's watching, so you make yourself believe that he's here." She pauses for a minute and continues, "The very fact that he was always there, but you were scared that he wasn't. Does that tell you something?"

"Sounds like a lot of words," I grumble as I pick my head off her shoulder. My head started to get sore, staying in that position.

"Mia," she whines, "did you really not listen to me?"

"No," I argue, "I listened. It was just a lot of words."

"Oh my go-"

"Hold on," I put my hands up. "I listened, Shay. I think I have this hope that even though what we've done, that he'll still be there." I shake my head, "But, he shouldn't be." I take a deep breath and look over at Shay, "I don't deserve him. I was the one who pushed him away, broke up with him. I should be the one begging for his attention. It's like we've switched spots, and I don't know how I can help him."

"Talk to him, Mi," she grabs onto my arm. "I'm sure that it will make him feel better. To know that you still care."

"He thinks I don't care?" I widen my eyes and cover my mouth with my hand.

"Mia," Shay laughs and rubs my back, "You are so ignorant sometimes."

I hit her chest and look at her, "You're so mean."

She throws her hands up. "Am I wrong, though? Like Mi, look at yourself. You had no idea that he came to your games. You don't know how he feels--"

"Okay, okay." I put my hand up to her face to stop her from talking. "I understand."

"But, Mi," I look up at her, "Don't think that I'm pushing you to talk to Nate. Because I think Nate would slaughter me for pushing you when you don't want to do something," I giggle a little, "Just think about, m'kay?"

I nod and sigh. "Let's take it one day at a time, Shaybae."

"Not the nickname," she laughs and bumps into me.