An hour and a half go by, Kyle calls Andrew to see where he's at, Andrew doesn't pick up, as he goes to try once more, a knock on the door keeps him from dialing, he goes to open it and to his surprise, Doctor Romney was standing there, Kyle stares at him trying to make out a conclusion as to why the doctor that didn't like him, knew where he lived, none the less, he goes to invite him in when the arrogant doctor interrupts him "Can we talk?"

"Sure, come on in, you want something to drink, chips?"

Doctor Romney stops him "I'm not here for the party"

Kyle looks at him with curiosity and signals him inside "Oh, then what can I do for you"

Ramney looks inside "I think id be best if we talk out here"

Kyle lets out a deep breath "Ok? I don't know you that well but you're acting weird, what's going on, you look like someone just died"

"Look, Kyle is it? Andrew Melton was in an accident, they called me, I thought I'd come and let you know, I know he was a good friend of yours"

At that moment Kyle blocks out every sound, he looks at Doctor Ramney in disbelief, after a few seconds he reacts "WAIT WAAAS? AS IN HE'S DEAD?"

The volume of the music goes down as Malcolm approaches the door, Kyle stares at Ramney, who responds in a rushed tone:

"What? NO; God you do jump quickly to death, what's with that?"

Kyle's eyes go wide and he slaps Ramney on the shoulder "You just said was a good friend, people don't go talking in past tense unless someone is dead ASSHOLE" He felt a huge relief as he said that

"Well, he's not dead, he is in a critical condition, I came here to tell you and that's it. I'm going to go now." replies the doctor as he walks away. Kyle turns to Malcolm "You guys stay here and continue, I'll go with him and let you know what I find out"

He then rushes after Ramney, gets on the passenger's seat of the car "Let's go" Ramney stares at him as he puts his seatbelt on "What do you think you're doing?" Kyle looks up to him "You're going to the hospital right?" "Yes" the doctor replies

"Well we're going to the hospital, I don't know where he is at, I'm in no condition to be driving, you know, cause I've been drinking, it's your civic duty." Continued Kyle

Ramney sights "Fine, but don't talk, in case you haven't realized, I don't like you"

Kyle looks at him and pretends to be bewildered by the shocking revelation and gasps in such surprise. Ramney looks at him rolls his eyes and turns the car to go.

After a twenty-minute drive, they arrive at the hospital, Kyle gulps down the rest of his drink and rushes inside to ask for Andrew. After a few minutes the nurse takes him to the room, Ramney follows behind.

There laying in the hospital bed, Andrew is all hurt up, there are bruises all over his face, he is wearing a cervical collar, he had five broken ribs, a shattered leg, and a black eye. Kyle stares in awe as tears begin to build up in his eyes. He looks at Ramney and steps closer to Melton, grabs his hand, and says "I don't know if you can hear me, but you better not die, cause I swear to god Melton I will bring you back to life only to kill you myself." As tears ran down his face

After a few minutes Ramney stands by his side and puts a hand on his shoulder to comfort him "He's a strong man, he will recuperate to the fullest in no time"

"I know, it's just; He looks so ugly" Kyle replies Ramney looks at Andrew and starts laughing. "Let's hope that if he can hear, he didn't hear that".

Kyle looks back at him "Thank you" "What for?" Ramney asks as Kyle replies "Coming to get me, I know you don't stand me, I don't know why, but still, you came to get me, so, thank you"

"I've known Andrew for a couple of years now, and if there is one thing he would constantly talk about was you, I wouldn't dare keep you away in a moment where he needs you the most, especially knowing he would want you here by his side"

Kyle looks at him and nods gracefully "If you don't mind, I'd like to stay with him over the night"

Ramney stops playing with his keys "Are you sure? You seem to have something going on at your place, if you have to get back I don't mind dropping you off and coming back to stay with him"

"Thanks but, our beginning might not been the best, but the only thing that has been constant in my life since moving here has been him, I don't plan on leaving him alone"

"Alright then"

After a few minutes, Ramney squishes Andrew's hand and walks out. As he left, Kyle sat back on the chair and started talking to Andrew

"I don't think I've told you this lately, but I love you, Drew, so please, please come back to me, I did not get you to come back to New York for you to die"

Four years and three months ago

August 1, 2025
Rochester, New York

The sound of loud steps echo through the hall as keys go against the door lock, shushing each other they step in, Kyle drops on his sofa and Tatiana sits by his side, she looks at him, he looks at her and the two start laughing their drunken ass's off...
______________________________
Kyle's afterwords for this chapter

"Life is filled with mysteries, but the biggest one has to be death. We know the time we're born, we time everything in our lives, yet, one day, in a single second, death can sweep in from under you and then all will be gone "
______________________________

*The ego nurses' celebration has been spooked by an unexpected visitor. Where was Melton when Kyle said he brought him back to New York? And where the hell did Doctor Ramney came from?*

Continue reading chapter ten of
🗽Abroad Liberty🗽
To find out