I Lost a Friend

November 18, 2029
Rochester, New York:

12 hours earlier

Kyle finds himself doing groceries, as he turns to go to the next aisle he bumps into another person "My apology's, I didn't see you there"

"Don't worry" He says before realizing who it was"Oh, it's you" Kyle looks at him "Me? What is that supposed to; You know what, don't worry Doctor Ramney, now if you excuse me right here, I need one of those"

Kyle extends his arm to reach for the shelve and the doctor moves out of his way and when Kyle turns around the doctor was already gone

"What an arrogant man that is," He thinks to himself

Once done getting everything he needs, he gets on the phone with Malcolm "Got everything you needed?" Kyle laughs "Hello to you too, and yes I pretty much got everything, now I just have to go to PetsWorld and get Lil Debby's food"

Malcolm's voice comes through very loud "Great, Tatiana already took care of the drinks, Samantha is already at your place getting everything arranges and Camille will be face timing us"

Kyle looks at his screen "Great, now, why don't you stop shouting, oh, and I bet you won't guess who I just ran into"

Malcolm whispers "Melton?"

Kyle rolls his eyes while putting everything in the trunk of his car and replies with a sarcastic tone "✨Nop, non-other the world-class internist Anthony Ramney✨"

Malcolm starts laughing "Uff, you should've invited him to our grand friendaversary, after all, he is your ex-work hubby's new work hubby"

Kyle's end falls silent before he speaks "Ha, you wish, besides, I doubt he would've shown, the guy doesn't seem to be too fond of me"

"True, anyways, call me when your near, I'm heading to the liquor store to buy some more provisions," Malcolm says

Kyle hangs up the phone and takes the highway exit

6 hours earlier

Back at Kyle's apartment, the group is going over the schedule for the night and Malcolm starts going over everything "Alright, we got the drinks"

Tatiana joins him from the kitchen "And the snacks"

Samantha pops her head from the room "And everything seems to be in place, you send out the invites right?"

Kyle looks back at her "I did, some people didn't RSVP, but then again, I think we have more than enough in case of unexpected guests" He then claps his hands "Samantha do you think we can go now and take Lil Debby to your place?"

She nods to him "Sure, and on our way back we can stop at Popeyes, I want some of their fries" Kyle's eyes sparkle "Uuhh you got yourself a deal"

Kyle gets Lil Debby in her carrier and heads out to Samantha's house

1 hour earlier

As the clock hits eight pm, guests start to arrive at Kyle's, everyone is coming and making themselves comfortable, Malcolm is giving drinks and Samantha preps the chips and games. Everyone starts gathering, mostly nurses from other departments and just a few of the doctors, mostly those who started the same year as Kyle.