xiv. sweetly scented

before karl turned his car key in the ignition, he bellowed, "sorry, if i was a tad late to picking you guys up

before karl turned his car key in the ignition, he bellowed, "sorry, if i was a tad late to picking you guys up. i honestly thought that you guys wouldn't land in time, but are you both ready?"

arabella furrowed her eyebrows before chortling, "ready for what?"

"ready to stream, silly. alex and i planned to stream on twitch once we get back to my place, are you going to join us?" the blue-eyed boy quizzed with his eyebrows raised.

"join you guys?" the brunette puzzled with her eyes widened.

alex flashed his head backwards to lock eyes with a petrified arabella in the backseat. "he's joking, cariño [darling]. we would never force you to stream with is," the black haired boy cooed. "by the way, karlos. candle store first, right?" alex questioned.

"candle store?" arabella probed.

"what about the candle store?" karl added, he was equally as dumbfounded about the topic like the brunette.

"karlos~" alex began to rejoice in a sing-song voice. "aren't we going to pop off and go to the candle store and meet candle girl?"

before arabella could spit another question about the location, she watched the blue-eyed boy's face flushed with a pink pigment. "ohh..." the hazel-eyed girl started to tease with a smirk. "is candle girl karl's girlfriend?"

widening his eyes in incredulity, karl quickly stammered, "wha- what?! no, no, no."

nudging his internet friend from the passengers seat, the black haired boy griped, "c'mon, karl. go tell bella about candle girl."

with his cheeks ferociously blushed, karl shook his head before chiding, "there's nothing to talk about."

arabella quickly turned her lips downward into a playful pout, in which karl could clearly see through the rearview mirror. "aw, karl. don't be shy. i'd love to hear about candle girl," the brunette swooned.

"f- fine," karl spat with his eyes still fixated on the road in front of him. "i'll tell you about candle girl while we drive to the mall. but you guys are such chuckleheads, you know that?" the blue-eyed boy whined.

"you love us, karlos. now c'mon. let's hear about her," alex chimed as he began slouching in the blue-eyed boy's car seat, clearing getting comfortable before hearing his friend's story.

exhaling a loud sigh, karl lamented, "okay, okay. but our meet up story is lame, so don't make fun of me."

arabella let a small giggle escape her lips prior to sitting upright in her seat at the back of the vehicle. "i won't make fun of you," the brunette assured.

"okay... well... i've only seen her twice when she works. she has long blonde hair that almost falls at her hips. oh! and she has really, really bright blue eyes- i think her eyes are what i like most about her. and her laugh, oh my golly, her laugh... it's like music to my ears," karl began to gush from behind the wheel.