ix. sanctuary

"did someone text you?" arabella inquired with her eyebrows raised

"did someone text you?" arabella inquired with her eyebrows raised. the brunette girl shifted her body weight so that she could prop her chin against alex's shoulder whilst leaning into the crook of the boy's neck.

"yeah, sorry," alex mumbled as he read his phone with a sharp sigh. he was upset over how a small message from his friend interrupted such an intimate moment between the pair. flashing his head over his shoulder, the boy locked eyes with the girl that was propped amongst it.

"what's wrong? is it an emergency?" the hazel-eyed girl questioned, her eyebrows remained lifted amongst her face.

"oh! no, no, no. it's not an emergency, nothing like that," the black haired boy quipped hurriedly, assuring arabella that it was nothing to worry about.

"if it's nothing like that... then why do you look like you're scared shitless?" arabella casually interrogated before bringing her large drink to her mouth. as her lips wrapped around the white plastic straw of the burger king cup, she sipped the last remainings of her sprite; allowing the loud slurping sound to ring in the pairs ears.

"scared shitless?" alex puzzled.

before alex knew it, the boy subconsciously found his eyes wandering onto arabella's lips. it was an innocent infatuation, nothing related to lust. all alex wanted was to hold the girl's face in his palms and gently place his lips against her own. the boy wanted to give into his temptations and express how much he adored arabella, how he adored every little thing about her.

alex wanted nothing but to kiss arabella here and now. the black haired boy didn't desire a scripted, perfect movie star cut kissing scene with the girl in front of him; but yearned for a kiss that steeped with passion- a kiss that ignited like a firework explosion between them. alex wished for a kiss that was seal with the promise of realness toward devotion, a kiss that promised future years of sweetness through the protective cocoon of love. as alex continued to contemplate the sweet desires he yearned, arabella interrupted his thoughts.

"hey! cabrón [dumbass]!" the brunette girl thundered, making alex jolt in his seat against the blanket.

"huh?" the brown-eyed boy proffered, snapping out of his trance.