ii. flight 572

"you're kidding right?" arabella testified as she abruptly rose from the metal chair she was previously sitting on

"i'm not kidding, arabella," alex chortled with a chuckle. "i swear my flight number is 572! a one way trip from los angeles to mexico city, right?"

arabella's eyes stayed widened as she nodded her slowly head in response. "you're really on the same flight as me, alex? you promise you're not joking with me?" she inquired before digging her hands into her front, red hoodie pocket.

alex kept a smile on his face before satirizing, "as stalker-ish as it seems, yes. i am on the same flight as you, arabella."

"yeah... okay! we need to go then! they're boarding soon!" the hazel-eyed girl yelped as she yanked the plastic handle of her suitcase that stood beside her. arabella quickly picked up her feet and performed a sprint, she was not about to be late for her flight.

alex followed her lead as he dragged his own suitcase to his side, not following far behind the brunette. as the pair continued to sprint throughout the white-washed walls of the lax airport, alex boomed, "wait! what gate are we?"

"gate b-9!" arabella bleated as she quickened her pace, trying to not care about how far behind her new friend was.

"are you sure? if we run to the wrong gate and miss our flight, i'm blaming you!" the boy in the lafd beanie hollered while out of breath. it was imminent that alex wasn't prepared for the sprinting workout he was currently performing at six in the morning, but he raced anyway.

"i'm positive! now c'mon, slowpoke!" arabella shrilled before she gave in to her wish to see the cute boy once again. the hazel-eyed girl swiftly turned her head over her shoulder, seeing that the handsome boy she admired wasn't too far behind.

"b-7... b-8... b-9!" alex shouted as he pointed toward the last gate at the end of the terminal.

the pair performed one last fast sprint in effort to reach their flight in time. while arabella had one hand gripped around her suitcase handle, the girl's other hand grasped onto her phone for her dear life. on the contrary, alex had his fingers wrapped amongst his luggage handle as well, but his free hand was on top of his head; securing the navy blue lafd he was wearing, preventing it from slipping off his forehead. before they knew it, the two reached their gate in a huff, both out of breath from the racing they executed to get there.

to their sight, arabella and alex weren't even late to their flight, as a large crowd of plane passengers formed a line outside of the gate. "we didn't even have to run... they haven't begun boarding yet..." arabella uttered with a shortness of breath.

alex was already hunched forward, bending over to catch air. "i- i can't believe you m- made me run h- here," the boy sputtered with his hands on his hips.

"we needed the exercise anyway," arabella jeered as she glanced over to the panting boy beside her. she jogged over to the line that was formed in front of them, sauntering over to the back of the jumbled crowd.