Chapter 2 : The Fire Lord's Birthday

"Hello" For normal Text
"There" For Author's comment , Major announcements, Titles ETC
'General Kenobi' Thoughts
================================================================================

"All hail Fire Lord Zuko!" the Fire Sage proclaimed. As he declared this, the other sages beat on drums and chanted respectful hymns.

As the leading sage said this he stepped into the middle of the room facing the throne. Sitting on the throne was Fire Lord Zuko, with his grand robes, regal posture and burn scar over his left eye.

The sage continued, "On this, the Fire Lord's 17th birthday we pay tribute and honor to him. May he be presented with his gifts now."

Two other Fire sages entered the chamber bearing a large chest.

"From the Fire Sages, incense of the highest quality and value, may they be burned at your discretion."

"From the Tribal Chief of the Northern Water Tribe," the sage continued as a man dressed in blue garbs came in holding a fur, "a priceless ceremonial headdress reflecting honorary acceptance into the tribe and mutual respect."

Then four men came in heaving a huge, yellow trunk. The men wore green and brown outfits.

"From His Majesty the Earth King, 100 pounds of gold, given in thankfulness for peace between our great nations."

The Fire Lord stood and politely announced, "Thank you all for these wonderful gifts. I cannot begin to expound onto you how grateful I am for your leader's generosity, acceptance and kindness even in the aftermath in such of a horrible war. I am humbled by it in ways impossible to describe."

He bowed. The gift bearers bowed in response and exited.

"Fire Lord Zuko, with all due respect, the endowment is not yet complete" the Fire Sage informed. "Who else is left?" Fire Lord Zuko asked.

The sage cleared his throat and declared, "Announcing the presence of His Holiness, Avatar Aang, and Master Waterbender Katara of the Southern Water Tribe."

Aang and Katara walked into the room, each of them carrying a package of sorts.

Abandoning all formality and custom, Zuko beamed, "Aang, Katara, I'm so glad to see you!" He ran over to them and embraced them in a brotherly hug.

"Happy birthday Zuko!" Katara greeted as if they hadn't seen each other in years. "And many more Sifu Hotman" Aang welcomed childishly.

As he pulled away Zuko mocked, "Aang, if you call me that one more time I swear to the Spirits I'm going to..."

"Time for presents!" Katara cut in. "You can go first Aang."

"All right!" Aang acknowledged happily. holding a big scroll. He opened it and showed it to Zuko

Painted on the parchment was an illustration of, as Katara's brother Sokka describes it, Team Avatar. It was a detailed drawing of the group of buddies who had worked together to defeat Fire Lord Ozai and other of Zuko's friends; Aang, Katara, Sokka, Zuko, their blind Earthbender friend, Toph, Sokka's girlfriend Suki, Zuko's uncle Iroh, Zuko's girlfriend Mai, Mai's acrobat friend Ty Lee, Aang's pet Lemur Momo(Had to 'Aang's pet Lemur' or else you'd think Momo of Class 1-a), and his flying bison Appa. It was drawn in amazing detail and accuracy.

"You painted this?" Zuko asked as he marveled at it.

"Well sort of" Aang replied humbly. "I used Paintbending, you know Waterbending but with paint, it took me about a thousand tries to get it right, but it's still better than anything Sokka ever painted."

"Thank you" Zuko replied. He then hugged Aang like he would a little brother. "Well it'll be hard to top that" Katara confessed.

"I'm sure you got me something just as special" Zuko assured.