Final Preparations

"Like this?"

"No, make the smile a lot wider. It was like her lips were glued to her gums. And the hair was a little shorter than that."

Moblit took that description quite literally, erasing small parts of the drawing Y/N was having him do of the smiling Titan, the one that had been there in Wall Maria when they saved Eren from Reiner and Bertholdt. He knew the Titan was special, he had a good idea of why as well.

He believed the Titan was actually a descendant of the Royal Family from the mainland that had been turned into a Titan unknowingly by Marley. There was no way they'd let something as valuable as Royal Blood slip through their grasp, so it was the only explanation.

How did he know the Titan was a descendant of the Royal Family? He didn't, it was just a feeling he had, the surge of absolute power that had flown through him when the blood got all over his crystal was unmistakable. He had felt somewhat similar when in close proximity to Rod's Titan. Looking back, he probably should've touched the massive Titan just to see what would've happened, whether he could've used the power of the Founding Titan or not.

Despite the fact he had freed Ymir from her existence as a slave to the Royal Family, he hadn't been able to use the powers of the Founding Titan. He believed it to be because he wasn't able to return to the paths to speak with her again, and he also believed he'd need a Titan that had Royal Blood, hence the need for the drawing and mass production of posters with the Titan's face on it.

"How about like this?" Moblit had finished his improved sketch, and while it wasn't perfect, the teeth and hair were near enough, anybody with a functioning brain should be able to tell what the Titan looked like.

"It looks close enough." Y/N realised that it was as close as they would get. "You'll have to have it printed and sent to every Garrison station on the east side of the wall between Krolva and Trost."

"Hold on just a minute." Moblit stopped him there. "You'll need approval from Commander Erwin or Section Commander Hange before I do anything else with this drawing." The veteran Scout informed him. "You haven't even told me why this Titan is special. That's all you said, that it was special."

"It's difficult to describe it, because I don't know anything about that Titan in particular." Y/N told Moblit. "I just felt a huge amount of power and energy surging through me when it's blood touched the crystal I was in. I need to find it again, just to be sure that it is what I think it is."

"And just what fo you think it is?" The door to the room had swung open, with Hange, arm still in her sling walking in. "Well come on, out with it. I want to know."

"I believe that the Titan is descended from the Royal Family. Apparently they didn't all flee to the Walls with King Fritz." Y/N explained. "You like experiments Hange. Surely this is something you can get invested into."

"Don't think you can tempt me so easily." She curtly responded. "What happens when we find this Titan? What happens when you come into contact with it once again? Where will that leave us?"

"I'm not going to leave if that's really how lowly you think of me." Y/N shot back. "I'm still a lot more useful than you could possibly imagine, and not just because of my powers. When we actually go back to Shiganshina, I can tell you exactly how the battle will go down, how they'll set up, how they'll attack. You still need me, I still need you, and trust goes both ways."

"Hmm." Hange tapped her chin with the finger of her good arm. "You make a very good point, but the Scouts did you a massive favour in not putting you on trial for your crimes. The only thing the public knows about you is that you exist, and that you're on our side. Don't you think that qualifies as trust?"