Aftermath

Y/N shot up from his sleeping position, the last thing he remembered was Connie catching him before he fell, but why couldn't he remembered what had happened after that. He felt like he should, but his mind was blank, like nothing had ever happened while he was out cold.

Reaching up to rub his head, he took note that he had actually bandages wrapped around his head now, having replaced the piece of his shirt that was ripped off.

"How long was I out for?" He thought, now taking in his surroundings, he was on top of the wall, and it seemed to be the late morning or early afternoon now. Though when he looked left, his eyes widened erratically.

Lined up on the wall were the bruised and burned bodies of a number of Scouts who were also out cold, though they were still moving somewhat.

Turning to his right, he saw Krista attending to somebody else's injuries about twenty metres down the wall. Standing up from his sitting position, he made his way over to her.

"Hey Krista, what happened here?" He asked the girl, who had just finished up. "How long was I out for."

"About six hours or so." Krista told him, his eyes widening at that revelation. "The Armoured and Colossal Titans appeared again." She sounded a lot more depressed than earlier, had Ymir died? "They kidnapped Eren and Ymir and made a run for it, that was about five hours ago." She told him.

"Oh god..." Y/N rubbed his head. "Did anyone go after them?"

"No." She shook her head. "All the horses are on the wrong side of the wall. Some Garrison forces showed up not long ago, now we're just waiting for Commander Erwin and the rest of the Scouts to arrive."

"...Shit..." Y/N swore. "That is really bad... are you alright?"

"No, Ymir's been kidnapped." Krista responded with. "I'm going to get her back from them." Her resolve wasn't to be questioned when it mattered, that was for certain. "And my name isn't Krista anymore, it's Historia."

"Right, well then." He held his hand out for her to shake. "It's nice to meet you Historia."

She wasn't expecting that from him, and she was very reluctant to touch him after what had happened between them in the tower, she too had seen flashes, what seemed to be someone else's memories if she was right. The day just kept on getting weirder.

"Thank you." She eventually did shake his hand, half expecting it to happen again, but nothing did. "That... it means a lot."

"No problem." He smiled sincerely. "How many people did we lose?" He turned the subject to something far more grim. "How's everyone else that was with us? Are they alright?" He was asking the right questions to not seem suspicious.

"Connie's fine I think, physically at least." She turned away, a defeated posture coming upon her as she spoke the next part. "They... they said that Reiner and Bertholdt were the Armoured and Colossal Titans."

"Oh..." He put on a shocked face. "All this time..."

"They took Ymir with them." Krista, no, Historia uttered again. "When Commander Erwin arrives, I'm going to get her back. Whatever it takes."

"You have a lot more guts that I did at your age." Y/N told her, spotting what looked to be horses riding on top of the wall in the distance. "Just be sure that they don't end up all over the ground out there."

A weak groan came out from behind them, where Moblit, one of the Scouts had managed to struggle to his feet. "Commander Erwin, and... wait, those are MP's."