➪2. 𝘼 𝘽𝙍𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙉𝙀𝙒 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙍𝙏

Start from the beginning

As she was about to sit down on the bench, y/n saw someone skating on the half pipe.

It was a boy in a bright green hoodie, with purple accents, ears and a tail. He was doing some tricks, as he continuously dropped in and out of the pipe. He didn't seem to notice someone was watching him either.

This boy intrigued y/n. His abilities on a skateboard could match hers, let alone be someone around her age. She had never seen someone with this much skill back in New York. Y/n wanted to associate herself with him.

"Maybe it's time for a change for once. Making a friend for the first time..."

"Heyyy, Neko-boy!" Y/n called out to the boy. He slowed down and stopped speeding down the half pipe. He walked up to Y/n, meeting her gaze with his piercing emerald eyes. His head slightly tilting down, maybe an inch of a difference.

"Eh? What do you want? I have no time for slimes." The boy asked, his voice showed signs of irritation.

"Come sit down with me, you looked like you could use some company!"

"Jeez, I'm not sure if this is how you get someone to hang out with you, but I'm gonna try anyways..."

"And why would I do that? Haven't I made it clear-"

The boy was cut off mid-sentence, as y/n dragged him towards a bench where she had her burger and skateboard laying there. Y/n gave the boy a slight shove to make him sit down on the bench beside her.

"You know, in English, slime would mean something with a sticky and moist texture, so I'm not really sure what you mean by slimes." Y/n said to the boy.

"W-well, when I use it under this circumstance, it means someone with no talent of any sort!" He responded back, a little be flustered from y/n calling him out.

"I assure you, Neko-boy, I have plenty of talent. Can't you see I have a board with me too?" Y/n said to him as she unwrapped the packaging of her burger. She split it in half, and handed the bigger half to the boy beside her.

"Oi! I'm not eating that! It's not healthy-"

Y/n stuffed the burger in his mouth while he was talking. The cat boy had no choice but to eat the burger. Even though on the outside it looked like he was angry that he got shoved in the face by a burger, he was very happy someone had offered him something for once.

"So, Neko-boy, what's your name? If you're not gonna tell me, I'm just gonna keep calling you Neko-boy." Y/n said as she bit into her half of the burger.

"Miya. Chinen Miya." He replied abruptly, quietly chewing his piece of burger in his mouth.

"Wow! Miya is such a cute name! My name's Y/n L/n, but you can just call me Y/n."

Miya Chinen blushed slightly at the compliment Y/n had given him. Never would he have thought someone would call his name cute.

"W-whatever, y/n. Just finish up the burger so I can see what you've got." Miya said to y/n.

"Ok! I'm almost done!"

—— After half an hour of y/n and Miya just showing each other skateboard tricks, they grew a bit tired despite the fun time they were having

"So this is what it feels like to have someone to be with all the time..."

The two 13 year olds were lying down in a nearby patch of grass, staring up into the starry sky. The sun had set for a while now, but it never struck the teens how long they have been spending time together.

They had been telling things about each other, like how y/n was from New York and went by the name Neon back there, and how Miya was a Japanese National team skater.

"Hey, Miya Chinen, would you consider yourself as my friend? I would honestly love to be friends with someone like you."

"Of course you do. I'm pretty awesome if i do say so myself."

"I'm serious Miya!" Y/n gave the boy a playful push. She turned over to face him.

Y/n chuckled softly and looked into Miya's bright green eyes.

"I-I mean, you're actually decent at skating, so I guess you're not a slime or anything..."

"Aw! If you just want to admit that I'm your friend, just say that right away!"'

Y/n gave Miya a tight hug, as the stars above twinkled above them. Miya blushed at the sudden contact, but slowly hugged back. He was hesitant of this, it was a while since he had any friends.

"Y/n, why do you want to be my friend? A-are you going to leave like the rest of them did?" Miya muttered under his breath.

"Well to be honest, I've never had a friend before. The moment I saw you skating, something about you intrigued me, and I just wanted to try to befriend you. So don't you worry, now that I feel less lonely, there's no way I would leave."

Those words hit deep in Miya Chinen's heart, making his stomach flutter. He had never felt so flustered by such a simple phrase.

"Look y/n, it's a shooting star. I heard there was going to be a small meteor shower today." The cat boy said to the girl laying beside him.

"There was no way I would have seen something like this in New York, the busy city would mask such a beautiful phenomenon."

"I'm going to make a wish, Miya."

"I guess I'll make one too, Neon."

"I wish that I would never be alone anymore." The pair thought, completely unaware of them thinking of the same thing.

It had only been a few hours, but it felt like we've known each other for years.

It was a brand new start.
The start of something new.