•Dance Lessons•

"Wonder why Snape has us here." Jada and Caylin, along with what seemed to be fourth years and higher of the Slytherins, were in a large empty staff room located in the dungeons. "Yeah, I could be catching up on some sleeping about now." Her friend laughed.

For some odd reason, they had been instructed for the boys to sit on one side of the room while the girls on the other. One person didn't know where to go since "I'm non-binary." They told Jada. So, they just ended going to the girls side, Snape said they were welcome to go to either though. He left soon after, but had told everyone to stay out since he would be back.

The entrance of the room slammed open as Professor Snape came strutting in. His cape was flowing behind him while he walked to the center of the room, all the Slytherin eyes were looking at him.

He stopped and fixed his cuffs of his robes. Not batting an eye at his students. Everyone knew that once Professor Snape came in, you must be quiet. Even if you're a Slytherin.

Snape cleared his throat and flicked his wand to uncover a Witchita Banana record player. The same record player Professor Lupin had used last year.

"The Yule Ball," Professor Snape took a pause. "Is a tradition that has happened through every Triwizard Tournament."

Whispers broke out quickly. "Silence." Snape snapped at everyone. "The Yule Ball is, of course, for students of year four and above. And, it, as of the name, is a ball. As Professor Mcgonagall likes to put it; it is a time to 'let your hair down.' But, that does not mean to be sneaking around and acting inappropriately."

"Imagine bloody Mcgonagall with her hair down." Jada whispered. "If you thought seeing Dumbledore with his beard braided that one time..." Caylin smirked while their Professor continued.

"You of course can invite students in younger years. The whole purpose of the ball is to 'bond' and 'unite' with the other schools while the champions have a 'day-off' if you may." He took another pause and skimmed the room. Snape used his wand to turn on the music.

"Mr. Malfoy, come." He commanded. Draco, who wasn't really paying attention; got up with some pushing from his friends, and made his way to where Snape was. "You will act as my dancing partner."

"I- what? Sir, why can't you have one of the girls?!"

"Because, Mr. Malfoy, that would be rather inappropriate. Do not question me."

Malfoy groaned.

"Place. Your. Hand. On. My. Waste."

Half the room broke out into laughter while Draco just looked at their head of house in horror. "Sorry, what? Sir:" "Place your hand on my waste." With much trouble, Malfoy did so.

"Oh how I wish I had a camera right about now." Pansy sniggered. "Please I'm never letting Malfoy forget this." "Never."

"The opening dance starts as such." Professor Snape took a step back. "One, two, three, one, two, three..." He took a step to the right, guiding Malfoy along with him. The music still playing. All the students still laughing, the boys were whistling at Malfoy and calling names.

After the longest thirty seconds of everyone's lives, they stopped. Malfoy ran back to his seat and buried his face in embarrassment, muttering curse words. Snape turned off the music and sneered at the students. "The Yule Ball is on Christmas, so I suggest that if you are bringing someone in a younger grade. You ask now before they go home for the holidays. That is all."

The Ravenclaws also had their own lessons with Professor Flitwick.

"The Yule Ball is a charming dance that most, if not all, fourth years and above go to. In acquaintance with our guests of the two schools," Flitwick said.