Chapter 3: Need to find her

ZEEHAN ROSTOV

I woke up to an empty VIP room of the hospital. I looked everywhere for the woman who saved me but found no one. Few minutes later I heard the door open and expected to see her enter but instead my friend, Daniel, strode towards me.

"Hey Bro, how are you feeling? You scared us all back there. Next time, I'm making sure that you don't go anywhere without your bodyguard." He warned me in concern.

"Did you find the one who attacked me?" I asked.

"No but the cops are still investigating." I nodded at him.

"Did you see a woman walk out of this room?" I asked curiously. Did she leave already? I wanted to properly thank her for saving me.

"The woman who got you here on time and saved you?" he asked me like as if he wanted me to confirm.

"Yes, where is she? Did you see her?" I asked hoping for a positive response.

"So the rumour is true?!" he looked at me in horror.

"What rumour?" I asked confused.

"You got married secretly and you didn't even bother to tell me!" he exclaimed in shock.

"What? Married?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, that woman claimed to be your wife when the doctor and nurse asked her. From when did you start hiding things from me?" he asked me in shock.

"I need to find her." I don't know why she lied but I need to find her.

"I wonder what Kate has to say about this." He muttered amused.

"What does she have to do with this?" I asked.

"You do know that she has a huge crush on you if not madly in love. This news is going to break her heart for sure." He commented.

"Stop joking around. You know that she is just a good friend to me." I said.

"You know there are many cases where good friendships turn into true love over time but looks like my ship is sinking because of this new girl. I wonder who she is." He teased me but I ignored.

"I really need to find her, Daniel." I said in a serious tone so he knows that I'm determined to find this woman.

"Whoa, okay I get it. You don't have to go all scary on me. You can just tell me where you hid her and I'll go get her."

"I don't know where she lives." I said dejectedly.

"You don't know where your wife lives?" I gave him a pointed look.

"Okay, I will look for her. By your reaction I guess she really isn't your wife but sadly rumours fly so fast especially if it is something about you. So currently, everyone is talking about your mysterious wife. Anyway, what's her name?"

"Irene Jackson."

"Alright, I'll send some men to look for her. But on a serious note, you got to talk to Kate, and clear the situation. She is going to be hurt if she hears about this rumour." He warned me.

"Right now my priority is to find Irene Jackson, that's it." I said stubbornly.

"Alright as you wish, take rest." He said and went outside to make few calls.

I closed my eyes with just one thought.

Where are you Irene?

*******

Irene Jackson

I felt something touch my head lightly. I woke up and saw a hand slowly trying to reach out to me. I felt relief wash over me when I saw  Sam fully conscious and looking at me. I indicated for the doctor's attention and turned back to him.