"you're lying." he sang, "fine, if you really don't like her i'll pay you thirty, to ask her to prom by the end of this week. after prom you get the buck and boom bet's over." i could quite literally hear his smirk through the phone. letting out a shaky breath, i agreed and hung up.

i woke up to my phone buzzing violently. "hello?" i spoke, my voice not sounding how it normally would. "louis, oh thank god." the voice spoke on the other line, it was maeve but she sounded worried. "yeah, hey. what's wrong maevie?" i questioned in a concerned tone, "nothing, jack and i were going to the store and there were police cars outside your house. i was worried." she spoke fast, as if she was trying not to cry. "police cars? maeve, love. are you sure you have the right house?" i asked confused, getting up and sliding into my slippers i walked downstairs, "ninety nine percent lou," she was right. there were police cars outside and they were talking to my mother who looked terrible, her hair messed up, makeup smeared down her face.

i ran outside and held my mum's hand. "mum, what's going on?" i asked, now understanding why maeve was scared, there were about six police cars lined up on our drive way. "millie and issie." she started but broke into sobs, clinging to my shirt for support. "mum? what happened to issie and millie." i asked scared but demanding. "they're missing louis, they didn't come home sunday night, we thought they were staying at violet and claire's house but i rang their mother lynne and she hasn't heard from either of the girls since friday.

my hands dropped to my sides, leaving my mother almost falling. i started running, there was a ringing in my ears and tears fogging my vision, i knew where i was going. 

knocking rappidly on their door, a tired finn wolfhard appeared. "hey man, she'll be here in twenty minutes. can i get you a tea? maybe chamomile to calm you down a bit?" finn softly asked, taking in my appearance. plaid pajama pants, an oversized one direction shirt i stole from issie last week, slippers, messy hair and red eyes, at least that's how bad i think it is.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🇯​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇨​​​​​🇰​​​​​ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"finn, what?" i asked in a hushed voice, maeve i were on a late night food hunt. "louis' here, he needs maeve. he looks really back jacko." i sighed, grabbing mae's arm and whatever food she had in the shopping basket and paid for it, "we'll be there in ten," i got a sigh from finn before he asked us to hurry. 

"why are we moving so fast jack," maeve whined. avoiding the subject, i rolled the windows down as we approached the tunnel, knowing she never misses an opportunity to stick her head out of the window while speeding through a tunnel.

we got out of the tunnel and the sky was a dark purple, sprinkled with stars. "back to my question, jacky." she smiled softly, i sighed knowing there was no way i can avoid the topic this time. 

"finn called, louis' at our place. he looks pretty shaken up mae." i spoke, choosing my words carefully. "what do you mean shaken up? it can't have been from the police outside his house, right?" she asked quietly. i shrugged my shoulders, "i don't know peanut. i guess we'll have to find out at home yeah?" i replied, trying to calm her down. she nodded subtly.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🇲​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇻​​​​​🇪​​​​​ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

after what seemed like forever jack and i finally got home. "i'll bring the food in, you go talk to your boy, ok?" jack smiled, i smiledd, your boy. shaking my thought i nodded before running inside. 

i paused at the sight of louis, a boy who was always making cheeky comments and laughing all the time, was sobbing right in front of my eyes. i almost melted but remembered i should be strong for him. "lou," i sighed, embracing him in a tight hug. "come up to my room and we'll talk." 

we walked into my room and i undid my bed, getting in myself and gesturing for louis to lay next to me. he placed his phone on my bedside table before getting comfy under the covers and snuggling up to me. thank god i was in track pants and a large tee so i wouldn't have to move him to change. 

i stroked his hair softly, "wanna talk about it?" i spoke after ten minutes of him sniffling. i felt him nod against my neck and he raised his head to be in level with mine. "my sisters," he spoke. his voice cracking  straight away, i kissed his nose, trying to calm him down. "their missing maeve. they're gone, no text, no call, no note, no nothing," he choked out, burring his head in my chest. i stayed silent knowing he would add more.

"you know they were the only girls keeping me sane, that was until you of course. but it's scary, going outside your house, seeing police cars lined up, my mum in tears trying to explain things to the police-men." he cried, i wiped his tears away with the pad of my thumb. "i don't know what to do. will they come back? are they gone forever?" i sighed knowing that's all he wanted to say.

"louis, i don't know what to say. i'm genuinely sorry. i can not imagine how hard this is for you." i paused, gathering my next sentence in my head. i kissed him slowly before continuing, "you're welcome to stay the night here, i'm going to be right here to whole time. unless i need to pee," i joked, trying to slightly lighten the mood, in success i got a small laugh from louis' mouth.

"go to sleep now love." i cuddled up to him and played with his hair. after two minutes his shaky breaths were even breaths and his lips slightly parted, showing he was asleep. i reached over to his phone, he would let me on it if he was awake, anyways. i entered his password and went into messages to text his mother. 

mum🥰

louis?
8:30pm

louis, where are you?
8:31pm

baby please, i can't lose you either
8:40pm

hi mrs partridge, my name is maeve remedy.
i'm not sure if lou has told you about me but
i wanted to let you know your boy is safe, he is 
at my place and is fast asleep. i'll bring him over
tomorrow morning. goodnight and please feel
free to pop in whenever you'd like for meals, i
know this must be hard :/

thank you maeve, yes louis has told me
a lot about you. i'm sure you're taking great care
of my baby. thank you sweetheart🖤

before shutting off his phone i notice an unread message. i can't help but be curious to what it says. it's from samuel sullivan, one of louis best friends.

i don't dare click on the message incase louis has read receipts on. but it reads, 'remember $30 if you take up the prom offer, good luck partridge ;)'. i'm confused but don't bother thinking anything of it. i power louis' phone off and cuddle next to him again, slowly falling off to sleep.

author speaks,
AHH HEY!! this was scary to write
because i think we all know what's happening soon.
this chapter was 1,755 words so be thankful i actually 
wrote that much LMAO. anyways i hope you enjoyed this one.
make sure to comment and vote for me to continue. and follow me 
as well or no update😁🙏