Chapter 15

I followed Daeva closely, while shooting anyone who I couldn't recognize

I followed Daeva closely, while shooting anyone who I couldn't recognize. I saw one of my maids being attacked, and immediately shot the man. The maid had given me a sad smile, before scurrying away.

"Shoot anyone who doesn't wear your guard's uniform or anyone you don't recognize." Daeva shouts to me over the gunshots. I nod and run around the corner, filling my gun with bullets.

A man comes running to me, making me move out of the way, earning him running into the wall. He groans and rubs his forehead as I rip one of my knives from my shirt.

I quickly run up to him and slit his throat. Blood spilled right out of him, drenching me.

"Definitely didn't miss this part of killing people." I spit out the metallic tasting liquid and run away from him.

Daeva was busy with another guard, which I shot immediately. She smirked as he dropped to the ground and I rounded the corner shooting every person standing there.

"Where the fuck are your guards?" Daeva screams.

"Dead." I respond. A man grabs my arm pulling me towards him, but Daeva stabs his head making his lifeless body slump to the floor. "Thanks."

A woman comes running at me with a toilet seat, which I laugh at before shooting her straight in between her eyes.

"Crazy bitch." I hear Daeva mutter from behind me.

"SHAY?" I hear Zach's voice shout.

"I'M FINE!" I shout back.

Another man comes running at me and I try shooting him but my gun only clicks showing that I'm out of bullets.

"Fuck this then." I toss the gun to the side and wait for the man to come to me.

As soon as he reaches me, I get down and slide in between his legs, stabbing his dick in the process. He groans in pain and I smirk, before stabbing his throat and letting myself be covered in blood.

"You look totally badass right now." Daeva laughs and hands me more bullets for my gun. I give her a smirk and run to the other side of the house, looking for other signs of more people.

It was dead silent, but I didn't let my guard down once. Daeva and I slowly roamed the halls, checking every room for signs of people. We saw a lot of dead bodies, mainly my maids, which made me frown.

As I turned the corner I heard a gun click from behind me, I quickly turn around but the man was quicker and I hear the gun go off. I waited for the bullet to hit me, but it never did.

Daeva jumped in front of me taking the bullet. I gasped and shot the man before kneeling down to Daeva's side screaming.

"What the fuck Daeva." I try covering her wound, applying pressure but she pushed my hand.

"D-don't. I can't live anymore Shay. I'm a monster." Daeva groans as I try putting pressure on her wound.

"No no no, you just jumped in front of a fucking bullet for me, you saved my life I need to save yours." I cry out.

"Shay I can't just forget the things I did. It haunts me. I want to go okay?" Daeva speaks slowly as I try to process what she's saying.

I finally nod, letting a tear drop. "Okay." I whisper. She gives me a sad smile before her eyes roll to the back of her head.

Daeva had good in her. She wished to be in the light, but the darkness consumed her before she could reach it. She was broken, used, and helpless. Even after everything, she still wanted to do what was right. Nothing she did can be forgiven, she's right. But I know she regretted everything and wished she had been the good. Daeva saved my life, I will forever be grateful, she was a beautiful soul, one my father destroyed, like many others. I won't let him destroy anymore now, it ends now.