Chapter 3

"She's waking up now sir

"She's waking up now sir." A voice says. What the fuck?

I open my eyes and adjust to the bright light. Everything is in a blur and I hear faint talking, before seeing figures walking over to me.

"Shay." A voice I recognized said. Clearing away my blurry vision I see my own father standing in front of me.

"That's not possible." I whisper looking at him. My father died. The death didn't hit us hard for the fact he abused us all daily and made our lives a living hell.

"Shay we have so many things to explain." He says teary eyed. I shake my head and try sitting up but realize I'm handcuffed to the bed.

"You handcuffed me to the bed?" I ask. How could he really not trust me. I was always scared of him.

"Because I wanted you to stay here while I tell you everything I have to say." He responds pulling a chair and sitting next to me.

"Are you scared of me?" I smirk at him and he shakes his head.

"Shay I need to explain why I faked my death." He leans forward and touches my cheek, making me flinch. "Cazzo ." He curses in Italian.
(Fuck)

"You always hit me when you touched me father. I never felt a moment of peace when you were near me." I say to him reminiscing on every time he beat me.

"Yes I know." He answers brushing the hair from my face. "I was a drunk. I was fucked up. This is an apology, I'm so sorry for how much I hurt you, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I want to start over. I missed you so much." He wipes a tear that drops and looks at me. I look into his eyes and see a broken man, one who is full of regret.

"I forgive you." I whisper out, tearing up. Even if he abused me, made me a monster, and abandoned me, he's still my father.

"How could I not?" I can't stop the tears falling from my eyes, which my father wipes away. "Now can you get me out of these handcuffs?" I smile.

"Of course." He quickly takes them off, embracing me in a hug. "Shay, I have an important job for you. As the boss of the Italian mafia I'm sure you can do this for me."

"Yes of course father." I respond.

"You will be killing a man for me. But first, we need to explain a few things to you." He says. I look at him with a look of confusion, then suddenly I'm knocked out.