Flowers

Emotioooooooooooonss!

Words: 1,637

_________

"You sure?"

"Yeah, you have it," Devyn pushes the little cup and spoon across the small table towards Spencer. "You love jello."

"Yes, but I like you eating more," He whispers to her, shifting slightly on the hospital bed.

"I don't like the green," Devyn shrugs and Spencer shakes his head.

"That's what you said about the orange," He reminds her, eyebrows rising on his forehead.

"No one likes orange jello," Devyn defends and Spencer's lips twitch up into a tiny smile. Richard's gone. Devyn all but forced him to go home and take a shower. Change and get some food. She told Spencer to do the same but didn't try again when he said he wasn't leaving. Derek had brought him a change of clothes and he showered at the hospital. As he sees it, there's no reason for him to leave.

"I'll try later, okay?" Devyn whispers, more to appease Spencer than anything. Though he doesn't look happy about it, Spencer nods.

Hotch stops by briefly but Devyn convinces him to leave soon. To spend his day off with his son. JJ and Emily come next. Both women offer Devyn a hug, JJ hanging on just a little longer, her hand rubbing up and down Devyn's back.

"I'd say Garcia but the last time she spoke of flowers, she said something about being sad when she thinks about how they'll eventually die," Emily trails off with a thoughtful look, her fingertips barely touching the edge of the large bouquet sitting on another table.

"A few of the hospital staff," Spencer informs the dark-haired woman. Devyn's heart warms at the thought of them getting together to buy her flowers. It's simple but it means a lot to her. Turns out she has more friends than she thought. "They brought them by earlier."

"That's nice," JJ comments with a soft smile and Devyn briefly meets her eyes before looking away. "Hey, Spence, why don't you and Em go down to the cafeteria, get some food." Emily herself looks to the blonde, a little confused but she nods when the other woman gives her a look.

"Yeah, come on, Reid," She motions for the younger man to follow her but his attention is on Devyn who sighs before nodding. She offers him a smile and a quick kiss before waving him off.

"D'you tell anyone else?" Devyn speaks before JJ can but she doesn't look her way to see the woman shaking her head.

"No, no, of course not," Moving from her seat under the window, JJ walks around the bed and sits lightly on the edge. "Does Spenc-"

"Yeah, he knows," Devyn cuts JJ off with a nod before sniffing and wiping her eyes.

"Hey, I get it," JJ places her hand on Devyn's arm and the younger woman peeks up at her through her lashes, eyes red and glassy. "I do. I understand." Despite JJ's face becoming blurred when Devyn's eyes fill with more tears, she can see that she's sincere, that she really does understand.

Nodding, Devyn lets her tears fall down her cheeks and leans into JJ when she wraps her arms around her. "It does get better," JJ assures her, hand rubbing her arm comfortingly. "It does."

"When?" Devyn sniffs and wipes her eyes but doesn't pull away.

"I can't say specifically," JJ shrugs. "Just in time."

By the time Spencer and Emily get back, JJ has moved to the chair beside the bed. And though her eyes are still a little puffy, Devyn is no longer crying. But she's also dating a profiler. Spencer gives her a worried, questioning look when he sees her but she shakes her head and smiles slightly, accepting the juice he offers her.