A Day Out

Thank you guys so much for reading and reviewing! I think you'll all really like this chapter but I must warn you, enjoy the good things while they're here. Because they won't always be.

We're nearly half way done with this story!

Words: 1,647

__________

"No," Devyn whispers to herself and throws her jeans onto the bed. She sighs, placing a hand over her stomach and sighing. She pulls out her phone and looks at the date, nodding. "Right," She blows out a raspberry and grabs a more comfortable pair of pants. She always gets bloated before she starts her period. It may suck, but it's a good warning system.

A knock sounds at the door and she pauses to listen. She can hear Spencer's footsteps and the door opening before Morgan's voice filters through the door.

Hurrying to finish getting ready, Devyn grabs her things and exits the bedroom. "Don't you look radiant."

"Uh-huh," Devyn responds flatly to Derek's greeting but she smiles at him afterwards. "You boys have fun but stay out of trouble, okay?"

"Ooh, I make no promises," Morgan holds his hands up and chuckles but Spencer is already shaking his head.

"He doesn't speak for me," He tells Devyn and she nods, moving forward to kiss him.

"Alright, well I'm gone, I will see you guys later." And with a parting wave, Devyn leaves the apartment to meet up with the girls.

"Honestly guys, I'm just not a big shopper," Devyn says after Penelope shows her the sixth pair of shoes she thinks would be good for her. "I already have shoes and they work perfectly fine."

"You can never have too many shoes," Emily shrugs and the other woman nod in agreement but Devyn still looks unsure. "Come on, every girl needs at least one dressy outfit."

"I can't remember the last time I wore a dress," Devyn admits and Garcia gasps, grabbing her arm.

"This can not stand," The blonde states. "You're not going home today empty-handed. I am buying you things." Devyn looks over her shoulder, her expression pleading for help but JJ and Emily only smile and follow after them.

True to her word, Penelope buys Devyn a few articles of clothing. It would've been more if Devyn hadn't all but hidden the clothes from her. Though she's grateful for her friends, she's never felt good letting people pay for her. And though she knows it's not the same, she doesn't like relying on people.

When everyone's feet start aching from walking around, the group of four decide to stop for food. Emily and Garcia are the ones to decide on the restaurant when Devyn and JJ state that they have no preference.

"Can I start you ladies off with some drinks?" The waiter bounds up to their table, a smile on his lips, pen positioned over the pad of paper in his hands.

"I'll just have a water," JJ says. "With lemon, please."

"You got it," The man nods, writing it down before he nods towards Devyn. "And you, miss?"

"Uh, do you have ginger ale?"

"We do," Devyn sighs in relief and sits back in her seat. The menu suddenly looks unappetizing. She catches JJ's eye and the woman gives her a look. Devyn furrows her brow in question at the woman but she only smiles, shaking her head softly. It only confuses Devyn more.

When the food arrives, Devyn nibbles on her own but eventually excuses herself to the bathroom. It thankfully looks clean and she braces her hands on the sink and lets out a deep breath. The smell of food is a lot less potent in here.