«8 - Mitsuba Sangu»

Start from the beginning

"Hm?" Shinoa questions.
"Oh, nothing." Yuu and I reply at the same time.

"What is it?" Shinoa asks, clearly curious.
"I said it nothing." Yuu says.

She pauses for a moment before a grin creeps into her face and she starts hugging herself and swaying around.

"Oh, Shinoa, you look so adorable in that uniform, I could positively die! After all, I'm just a poor, inexperienced virgin. Really, I understand." Shinoa mocks Yuu as I stand laughing.

Yuu smacks me in he head, only making me laugh even more.

"I didn't say anything like that!" He shouts in a flustered voice.

As the laughter dies down, we start walking, following Shinoa's lead.

"So, what're we here for?"
"To relay orders, probably." I say, causing Shinoa to smile towards me.
"Orders?"

"Correct. As of today, you will no longer be required to attend school."
"Ahh, finally! It was so boring knowing everything." I sigh, wiping a fake tears.

"It seems that vampires from the Kansai region are moving to capture Shinjuku. Accordingly, we will be sent from here to Shibiya..."

"Up to Shinjuku, right?" Yuu fills.
"Yes."

"So I'll be able to kill bloodsuckers in Shinjuku?"" Yuu asks.

"Don't be so blood-thirsty. The plan is to solidify the defences in Shinjuku before any attack comes..." Shinoa confirms.

"Yuu, are you listening or is your brain made out of cotton?" I sigh, looking up to him.

"Cotton?! And no... I was listening! So... going to Shinjuku means we gotta leave Shibuya some time today, right?"

"Yes. Once we exit the city... no one can protect us from the monsters of the apocalypse."

Soon, we find ourselves approaching the gate, restricting untrained citizens from leaving. There are several guards standing by to stop any unauthorised personnel from getting in or out.

As we walk closer, they start approaching us, likely wondering why there are children here.

"We are members of the Moon Demon Company. We have orders to hunt vampires outside the walls. Please open the gate." Shinoa reports, politely.

"The Moon Demon Company?"
"That elite squad? But they're just kids."
"Shh! They'll hear you!"

They whisper among themselves as Shinoa tease Yuu,
"They're calling you a kid, Yuuichiro."
"They're talking about you. Shrimp." Yuu says back.

"No. No. I'm still growing, you see. After all, my elder sister, Mahiru, grew up into a very beautiful and busty woman." Shinoa shows off.

"Really? I didn't know you had a sister." Yuu says.
"I've heard about her, but I haven't seen her before." I add.

"Well, that's because she's dead." The violet-haired girl replies, still smiling.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Yuu apologises.
"Sorry to hear that, Shinoa..." I trail.

"My, my. So now you choose to be circumspect?" The young girl directs at Yuu.