8. Cake-Eater

|Time skip.....game against the Huskies|

I sat on the locker room bench staring at the jersey that hung from the lockers. "Bubbles what's up?" asked Charlie. "Do you think he is going to play with us?" I asked, gesturing towards the jersey. Charlie shrugged and walked over to Karp and Peter. They had been bickering and Peter was now being shoved into a locker. The door to the locker room opened and in walked the one person I wanted to see, Banks. My teammates stopped what they were doing and began to glare at the boy. I never realized it until now but he always made sure he made himself look presentable no matter the occasion. Minutes later coach walked in. "Hey. Wasn't sure if you'd show up." said coach. "Yeah, whatever. I just want to play hockey," explained Banks. I could feel the tension in the room and I could tell Adam was nervous. "Good. Ducks you all know Adam Banks." stated coach. "On behalf of the Ducks, I'd like to say welcome," said Charlie but he was stopped by an angry Jesse. "Cake-eater," exclaimed Jesse. Yay, new nicknames. Averman began to talk but couldn't stop as usual and Jesse yelled at him to shut up. "Puttin' on a Ducks jersey doesn't mean you're a real Duck," Jesse said then pushed past him. The rest of the team followed except me and coach. "On behalf of the Ducks, I would like to say welcome to the team. I'm Brie Davis but you can call me Bubbles if you like." I said walking up to him holding out my hand for him to shake. He shook my hand and said, "Yeah, cool." "They're a good group once you get to know 'em." he finished and walked out. "I bet," said Adam. "Well, Cake-Eater I'll be out on the ice. I hope to see you out there...unless you ditch us. See ya!" I said waving to him as I left the locker room.

|Time skip....During the game|

I was out on the ice zooming. Jesse had the puck and passed it to Guy. I was open and so was Adam. Guy passed it back to Jesse. Jesse passed it to me and I passed it to Adam. He effortlessly scored the goal. I skated up to him with some of the others and gave him a hug. We changed it up and Banks and I were now on the bench.

Adam's POV:

I was staring at Brie. She didn't notice because she was too busy watching the game in front of us. I don't know why she was being so nice to me. Maybe she was scared that I was going to be mean to her? I watched her green eyes as they scanned the ice. They were like a field of fresh green grass. All the boys on the Hawks used to have a crush on her. Especially McGill and that's why he is dating Nancy. Nancy talks about Brie all the time and he just sits there and listens to everything she says. When I would hang out with them she used to say all this crap about Brie but so far I haven't even seen anything she mentioned. Jeez why was I watching this girl like that. I don't have time to be thinking about girls even if it's just in a friendly way. All I care about is hockey and that's it. Whoop's she caught me!

Brie's POV:

"Take a picture, it will last longer, Cake-Eater." I said. I caught Adam staring at me. "Sorry." he said embarrassed. "Eh don't worry about it." It really wasn't that big of a deal. I always caught the boys staring at me and they all had the same reaction. Whether it was Averman or Peter they would always say their sorry and look at the ground. "Why did you say I could call you Bubbles?" asked Adam. "Well it's a nickname that I have because I chew bubblegum all the time. Charlie only calls me it though." I said. "Oh ok. Why do you call me Cake-Eater?" he asked. "Um, I don't know. I thought it would be a cool nickname and Jesse calls you that a lot. See I call Charlie Spazzway but I can only call him that." I explained to him. He nodded. Coach called us all together. "Goldberg, you're gonna sit this one out." he stated. "What? You're pulling the goalie when we're tied?" Karp asked in disbelief. Everyone objected, even me. "Listen, listen, listen! A tie isn't gonna help us. We need the win. Everybody, get the puck to Fulton. That's your job." he explained. "Are we pulling the Statue of Liberty play?" asked Fulton. We all looked back to coach "No. You may only get one, so it's gotta be good." he said. Fulton tried to object but Guy helped him out.

I watched them on the ice. Fulton was about to shoot his shot but a Huskie slid under his stick and got the puck. Fulton chased after him and knocked him over getting the puck again. He skated closer to the goal and shot. I watched as all the Huskies jumped and ducked so thatthey would be hit. Once it made it into the goal the time ran out and we won 2-1!

Adam's POV:

I turned to Brie to hug her but she was already hugging Charlie. What am I doing to myself? I'm not even friends with her. While I was thinking I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. It was Brie. I hugged her back. "Good job today Cake-Eater." she whispered into my ear. "You too Bubbles." I whispered back. She pulled away and went to go give Connie a hug on the ice. I could feel my face begin to heat up but it quickly stopped when I saw Jesse glaring at me. What was his problem?