ten

Joe had finally let me go, even though I was far from catching up to him, let alone run past him. We were now sat at the dinner table, all six of us, even Melanie, which were a very rare occurrence and we were all acting a bit weird about it. Especially considering Aiden and I's earlier mishap. 

"So, Melanie," Sergio began, "any news from the outside?" His question was clearly laced with my brothers general unhappiness with her undisclosed nightlife. Even though we probably all knew what she was up to.

"Sergio..." Joe warned, knowing were this was heading.

"Not much, dearest brother," she spat. 

"Oh, but considering just how many nights you don't spend here, I was wondering were you slept instead." Sergio paused while being stared down by an evil looking Melanie. See, this is the place I normally would have stopped. If even I would've gotten that far. "Or perhaps who you slept with." Clearly Sergio and I didn't think alike.

"You bastard!" Melanie screamed.

"Dude..." 

"Sergio!" Joe yelled while slamming his hands into the table, and stood up, towering over Sergio. He didn't even budge. I on the other hand visibly shrunk in my seat. "That is a disgusting fucking comment, and I DO. NOT. want to hear you talk like that to your sister!" He held a pause, for dramatics I presume. "Am I understood?" His tone was still very harsh but Sergio didn't respond. Joe was clearly not having any of it, as he walked around the table, grabbed Sergio by the collar and dragged him upstairs, leaving us listening to them yelling back and forth.

Melanie was sitting in her chair beaming with pride. Only a person who had never felt Joe's wrath could do that, in a situation like this. I felt really bad for Sergio, and especially because as I sat there starring down at my pizza, that I no longer felt like eating, I knew that he would have to go to bed hungry.

Joe came back down, and apologized to Melanie. She just sat there acting all hurt, and as if she was the bigger person. I mean the comment was uncalled for, but sometimes she was truly a bitch. And I know I can't say that, because she is my sister, and that's also why I just said it in my head, but in some way she isn't really our sister. When our mom died, she just moved in with her dad, leaving the five of us on our own. In her defense she was only ten and didn't really have a say. And since Joe had just turned 19 I understand that they felt like it made best sense. But I have always just felt it was weird when she just dropped by. She never even had a room in our house. And she doesn't share a dad with either of us. And I must admit I kinda feel bad for her. Sergio, Aiden and I have the same dad, and Joe and Mason have the same dad. But they are both dead now. So is our mom, so Melanie is the only one who has a parent left, so I almost envy her. But with the dad she has, not so much.

"Earth to Alexander," Mason sang while waving his hands in front of my face. 

"Huh?" I asked confused. I must have zoned out.

"Would. You. Please. Pass- " Mason started but Melanie interrupted.

"Give him the pizza Alec."

"Okay, relax," I mumbled as I passed him that disgusting blue cheese pizza that only Mason ate.

"Watch the attitude, Alec," Joe said. "You're already walking on thin ice."

"Yeah, what's that I'm hearing Alec?" Melanie suddenly asked, clearly with no other intensions than being annoying. "Starting to get a bit rebellious, huh?"

That was the final straw. Joe send her a disappointed look, Mason put down the disgusting pizza and Aiden almost choked on the water he was drinking. I just got up, put my plate in the sink, and excused myself to my room.

This is why we don't normally eat together.

**** Hi guys. Sorry for the short (and very late) update. I have decided to start updating once a week now, because this clearly isn't working :) And also im gonna make another update real soon because this one was so short. Please vote, or leave a comment, I love your feedback <3***