"You are so obvious"

My face glows red as I shove the note into my bag and shake my head. I look at him and flip him off as he tried to hold back more laugher. The teacher started to look at us suspiciously so I tried to pay attention to them and calm down while Ciel just continued to snicker and snort without caring about the teachers slight glare.

Time Skip - End of Class

The bell rings and I just groan, closing my notebook and shoving it in my desk, throwing my pencil in my bag. I get up, putting my bag on and walk out of the class.

What am I going to do for lunch...should I go to the court yar-

Ciel: "Hey, Y/N! Hold up."

I turn around and see Ciel jogging up to me.

Ciel: "Alright, lets go!"

He walks and I follow behind him.

Right, I have lunch with them.

I walk beside Ciel and we make our way to the lunch line where we see everyone else. We talk about class and different things, get our food and sit down.

Though we were having a conversation, I couldn't help but space out every once in a while. I wondered why he wouldn't leave my mind. I've only been in this school for three days and yet I've already met a few people that I like, and one person that steals my attention all the time.

I unconsciously sigh and focus on the conversation, trying to shake away the feeling of zoning out. I wasn't used to having a friend group. I was one of those kids that was kinda well known but not popular. I guess I had "friends" but the people I knew I didn't consider friends since we didn't talk all the time and didn't see each other much. We were just people that were acquainted and talked when we had to or when we were left alone or had a similar interest.

Having a friend group to hang out with, to go out with, to invite to places, to eat with, to stay close with, I never had that. I was never an outcast, but I was never casted into a group. I had people to talk to every once in a while, but I didn't have people that would ask me to eat together, to go somewhere or to ask if I wanted to do something.

I would do what I always do. I'd go to the court yard or to a place with no people, eat alone, listen to music, write or just look around and daydream about things that would probably never happen, then pack up and leave.

So when Ciel invited me, I was happy, but when I went to leave to the court yard and he suddenly came to me and brung me to the cafeteria, it was an odd feeling. I never had a friend group of diverse and completely different people. I never had people who would bring me along without me asking.

I was happy. Even seeing him calling out just to walk together here, or having Natsuo ask if I wanted to go to the gym with him, even if they were little things, they made this weird feeling in me. They welled up in my chest and made me feel like my chest would explode.

I smile as I watch everyone do their own thing, either going back and forth, eat and talk, try and ignore certain people or just straight up look lost and confused.

Suddenly I see Mei looking at me.

Mei: "What's making you so happy??"