Whispers and Changes

Blaine:

As more weeks past, Blaine started to see changes in Kurt's habits. He was eating less, he never wanted to leave the dorm room, and he just seemed overall . . . off. Again, Blaine resisted the urge to ask him what happened, but he knew he would never tell him until he was ready. 

It still pained him though, just knowing the fact that Kurt was going through something tremendous, so tremendous that he doesn't even want his boyfriend to know about it. 

So that was why Blaine was going to go to Kurt's Dad. He knew Kurt best, and he needed the most information possible about what could be going on. After Kurt had ran away at the football game he had quickly talked to Burt about it. He agreed that he could come over on Wednesday, which was that day.

Suddenly the bell rang, signalling the end of school. Blaine suddenly sat up, and blinked his eyes back into focus. He got up from his seat, and left the French classroom, eager to get to Warbler's practice and to talk to Burt. 

Blaine walked through the bustling halls, and he realized that people were whispering behind his back. That wasn't normal. He looked curiously at them, trying to focus his ears on their conversations. He felt his face start to sweat as more people stared, then broke into a run to his dorm. Kurt had to have something to do with this. 

When he arrived at the door of his room he listened through the crack. He heard wails. The door creaked loudly as he swung it open, Kurt looking up in horror. His eyes were red, and his face looked swollen. Blaine was instantly by his side, stroking his hair, and letting him cry into his shoulder. 

"What happened, Kurt? And you can't lie to me, because everyone outside was talking behind my back." Blaine said after a couple minutes. 

Kurt gulped, then sighed. "I-I had a nervous breakdown during class. I was thinking about-" He paused. "My mom, when she died." He shifted uncomfortably, scratching his head. "I ran out and came back here."  

Blaine nodded understandingly, and squeezed him one more time before letting go. "Is there anything I could get you, or anything I can do?"

"C-can you leave?" Kurt asked, and Blaine's heart dropped. He nodded again and left the room, glancing back at Kurt one more time before his eyes filled with tears. His feet carried him to his car, and he got in, breaking down in sobs. Kurt's words repeated in his head, making him cry more each time. 

After a while, Blaine sat up straight, quickly wiping his tear-stained eyes. He needed to see Burt, now more than ever. He started the car and started to drive, flipping though different radio stations, trying to find something relatively happy. Party in the U.S.A. came on, and Blaine couldn't help but smile and sing along. 

The song came to an end, and his smile faded, reminding him of what happened and where he was going. When he pulled in the driveway of the Hudson-Hummel household, he gingerly got out of the car, suddenly nervous. He took a deep breath and walked to the front door, hesitating before knocking loudly on it. Burt opened it with a sad smile. 

"Hey Blaine, glad you could come. Do you wanna come in?" Blaine greeted him and walked in hastily, wiping his shoes on the small carpet. 

"Let's sit in the living room." They awkwardly took their seats, and Blaine glanced around. Not much had changed since the last time he had been there. That had been during Christmas.

"So, Blaine, you wanted to talk about Kurt. Is that right?" 

"Yeah, he's still been acting strangely, ever since you talked to me that one night a couple months ago." 

Burt nodded. "Have you tried talking to him about it again?" He said, raising his bushy eyebrows. 

"Yeah, today he was crying," he paused. Should he tell his Dad about what happened? No, Kurt wouldn't want that. "And I came to comfort him. But then he told me to leave."